CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

Indeed 

I have plans to visit Vietnam right after I'm done with grad school. 

It's been a long while. Will be so different from what I remembered. It'll be exciting for sure. 

I'm planning to go after Grad School as well, so that will be around Fall 2018, I went during Tet 2015. My brother wants to go during Christmas, but my ability to do that solely depends on my job.

I didn't get to explore much last time, just two cities, but this time I'd make a note to go to Hanoi and Da Nang.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrPink said:

I'm planning to go after Grad School as well, so that will be around Fall 2018, I went during Tet 2015. My brother wants to go during Christmas, but my ability to do that solely depends on my job.

I didn't get to explore much last time, just two cities, but this time I'd make a note to go to Hanoi and Da Nang.

Ever been to Nha Trang? Go to Nha Trang. It's beautiful and perfect for vacation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Ever been to Nha Trang? Go to Nha Trang. It's beautiful and perfect for vacation. 

Nope! We tried going last time but due to limited time and the traveling logistics, couldn't make it.

Kinda hoping I can just go to Vietnam in between jobs for I can take a 3-4 week break. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Anybody checking Twitter for updates may want to watch out. The index had one person spoil the post-credits sequence...

That's one nice surprise to look forward to, but damn it I would have loved to see it first hand without knowing anything.

That really sucks, I think ill stay off social media until I see it.

Well, sci-fi Japan was provided the complete final credit list. 

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2017/02/19/kong-skull-island-final-credits/

Towards the end it reads:

Characters of “Godzilla,” “King Ghidorah,” “Mothra” and “Rodan” created and owned by Toho Co., Ltd.  

Edited by Cookson

This would have to get pretty damn great reviews to do much more than 100 million. BATB is just going to crush everything and you have a spate of things like Power Rangers, Boss Baby, Life, and Ghost in the Shell (lol) that are going to provide even more competition- and that's not even mentioning how well-received and potentially leggy Logan could be. There's just not much of an audience for this in the first place. And you put it in that crowded of a market? I'm thinking 30/75 for this assuming average reviews. 

Also, March might be bigger than any summer month. Pretty impressive. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Also, March might be bigger than any summer month. Pretty impressive. 

It's amazing how packed March is while August looks completely dead this year (even though it has new movies from Steven Soderbergh, Kathryn Bigelow, and Edgar Wright opening so at least film fans have a reason to be excited for that month).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Bombs away. This shared universe crashed and burned really fast.

Lol...OK then. Overeacting if I've ever read one.

It'll hit 100m... Between 130-150. It'll do fine, and this MonsterVerse is far from dead...

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's amazing how packed March is while August looks completely dead this year (even though it has new movies from Steven Soderbergh, Kathryn Bigelow, and Edgar Wright opening so at least film fans have a reason to be excited for that month).

I wonder if the Detroit riot movie will actually open there. Seems a weird date, but I wouldn't complain. One of my most anticipated of the year for sure. Might as well move Valerian or Dark Tower there too, at least. Also, the new Soderbergh movie sounds fucking amazing. Edgar Wright movies......eh. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Covenant was moved from August to May as well .

Another Letterbox'd review. This one is more lengthy. It goes into more detail, and has very, very minor spoilers (like quotes and stuff). Brief excerpt:

So I recently heard that a viewer at a test screening for Kong: Skull Island described the film as, quote:

It's like if Jurassic Park had a baby with Aliens, and that baby was adopted by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Whoever that was, they're not wrong. If Godzilla (2014) was more a drama, then Kong: Skull Island is, truly, the monster movie we wanted.

https://letterboxd.com/dvr1138/film/kong-skull-island/

The review is longer than that, btw.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1