CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Really wanted to see the ants! Maybe a future Kong movie is with the huge ants taking over a city(in China? *Wink wink) and Kong restoring balance there.

So many stories you can do.... Just how long can the GA accept giant monster films is the question.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I thought that story wit h the 2 pilot friends would've been more interesting than the story we got. 

The director's actually talked about his interest in making a comedy about that. Really want it to happen :lol:

45 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Really wanted to see the ants! Maybe a future Kong movie is with the huge ants taking over a city(in China? *Wink wink) and Kong restoring balance there.

So many stories you can do.... Just how long can the GA accept giant monster films is the question.

Reilly was just going ad-lib when he uttered that line. (It really sounds like all his landing wisecracks were ad-lib though and not even written on the page like "I'm gonna cut you in your sleep...")

11 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Hey 75 man did you see it on the new IMAX and is it worth it if you did. Man they threw Kong out of IMAX here before I could even get there.. I gotta plan for the next IMAX film I want to see for the first week. How are you by the way man? Hope your 2017 is rocking. Can't wait to discuss flash sea 3 with you in the TV section. Well I hope your still watching it lol

nope, didn't see it in IMAX so can't speak on that.

I'm doing good, so far 2017 has been pretty good for the most part.  Great vacation just a week ago.

I am a bit behind on Flash so I can only talk so much about it :P 

2 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Reilly was just going ad-lib when he uttered that line. (It really sounds like all his landing wisecracks were ad-lib though and not even written on the page like "I'm gonna cut you in your sleep...")

I recall reading something in late February stating that ants were planned to be in the film, but they didn't make the cut. Something along those lines.

• Like 1

If one day you call your friend and someone in the phone tell you that he is Tom Hiddleston, what will your reaction be?

This really happened!!! Tom Hiddleston was interviewed in CHN. A reporter’s mobile phone rang. Hiddleston picked it up and told the reporter’s friend who he is. ? But the woman didn’t believe what he said and thought if they was kidding.

• Like 2

Kong weathered the Beast storm about as well as could be expected. Artistically, I don't think the film is very good, but I agree with those who compare it to Jurassic World: The monster SFX are so awe-inspiring that they just bulldoze plot holes and bad acting over. The fun I had overwhelmed the cringe-worthy aspects.

Edited by SteveJaros

The movie revels so much in gonzo whack and is not ashamed of being it like a Sam Raimi movie cf. Shea Wingham's "sacrifice" :lol: (JW was boring whack trying to be gonzo fun but Trevorrow is no Raimi) but only John C. Reilly and to an extent SLJ knew what they're signed on going full ham. Hiddleston and Larson thought they were starring in Edwards Godzilla seeing how stiff and boring serious their characters come across though.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

I think this can go pretty far. It's weekend drop was better than Clash of the Titans, which also opened at 61M. That went on to make 163M with worse reviews. Different release date and it was a while ago, but I don't think Kong is done yet especially when you consider how barren April is.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I highly doubt that. I think $130-140 million is likely at this point.

I think it's basically impossible for Kong to end with only $130-140 million. It will hit $130 million or more by the end of next weekend.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

You realize it's at $109 million after a $27 million 2nd weekend, right?

Keep in mind that I'm still new to this. I never claimed to be an expert.

Also, I'm keeping my expectations low because there's still Power Rangers and Life to come this weekend, plus Ghost in the Shell the weekend after.

A lot of science fiction or related stuff is coming out. So if it makes north of $150 million, you will not hear me complain.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 2