CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

Well it's looking like it will retain most of the audience from the 98 film so to me that's a good start for a new reboot which should give a sequel a lot of potential.  But again the Friday # well tell a lot and the Saturday drop too as far as frontloadedness. 

• Like 1

so wb has another non-sequel/non-cbm/non-ya that will be big at bo, on par with sequels/cbm/ya

blind side('09), hangover('10), inception('10), gravity('13), lego('14), godzilla('14). 

i feel like they do it better than other studios. they have like 1 every year on avg.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Yeah i have never understood when people have a go at Pirates 4 over its gross, i mean yeah maybe it underperformed in the US but i doubt Disney were crying over a Billion worldwide.

Of course they aren't crying over a billion worldwide.  

However, it's been 3 years and we are not anywhere closer to a fifth movie.  That speaks volumes.  

So baumer hated Godzilla? I was just thinking that is long overdue, he's been liking a lot of movies lately that it kinda scared me.

• Like 2

I don't wanna see anyone saying they're disappointed if this "only" opens to 75-80m.

wwz and pr's numbers might give some indication of how frontloaded godzilla could be

WWARZ 3.6 / 66.4 (8PM+); PACRM 3.6 / 37.3 (thr late shows)

(just comparing the multipliers, not plugging them in...else wwz would give gz 190m)

an 8-9x for godzilla, giving 74-84m would be great.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1