baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

godzilla is making tons of money, jupiter just will be a flop. maybe will get 100m . by a lot of lucky

It always suprises me how the Wachowskis still get these huge budgets, they had had numerous flops (including Matrix Revolutions arguably) since The Matrix films .

• Like 1

It always suprises me how the Wachowskis still get these huge budgets, they had had numerous flops (including Matrix Revolutions arguably) since The Matrix films .

None of the Matrix films flopped.  "Revolutions" did under perform domestically but it was still a good gross for a "R" film.  The Matrix Trilogy's 1.6 Billion and over 2.5 Billion after home video, comics, games and merchandising is why they will always get those budgets but they will have to go back to the Matrix Well very soon I'm hearing. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Edge of Tomorrow??!

They spent that much on Edge of Tomorrow? Insane.

Yes, that is what I read. I also read JA "only" has a 150M budget. I asked myself if they hadn't switched the budgets of both in the article. 

• Like 1

The Matrix is still one of my favorite movies ever, and while the Wachowski's are always hit or miss it seems, I was originally looking forward to JA but the closer we get to release the less interested I get. It looks like another CGI infested clusterfuck. It's a shame, I really loved the ambition that was in Cloud Atlas and I was hoping it would transfer over.

Speaking of seeing movies alone and the Wachowskis, I saw Speed Racer in IMAX on it's opening weekend.

Only person in the room...

I saw it, opening day.

Five people were in the theater.

• Like 1

Having seen Monsters years ago and then hearing he was hired to do Godzilla, I was super excited.  He was the perfect guy to do it.

He just needs a little help working on that script next time.

I wonder how much Darabont did on Godzilla's script. 

• Like 1

Caught up on the thread. Seems shorter this weekend, weird since we have a huge breakout

Probably because most people here are rooting for success on this one, whereas most were rooting for failure with Spidey. Internet loves to focus on negative stuff, ha.

• Like 3