baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Damn, you guys really don't like bootlegs huh.I bet you guys were no fun during prohibition period :P jk

Tele was denied being able to drink when he turned 21 during prohibition.  :ph34r:

• Like 11

Tele was denied being able to drink when he turned 21 during prohibition.  :ph34r:

I tried to like your comment but couldn't for a few times.It's either my wifi screwed up just now or Tele is doing something behind the scenes to stop others like me from liking your post. He doesn't want us to find out the truth about his age.
  • Like 4

Well I was already

spoiled in the crowd reports thread about Hesinberg

There is a TV spot

that spoils that. I was not surprised when it happened. 

• Like 1

Amidst all the Godzilla talk, anyone notice the meh to bad drop for Neighbors this weekend? Not exactly a good second weekend hold for an R rated comedy with no direct competition. I hope it doesn't fall apart when Blended/Million Ways hit ( for BSG purposes).

I may be alone in this statement, but it is a sad state of affairs that Godzilla got 93M this weekend.  There is no reason, whatsoever, for it.  That movie was putrid and just didn't even need to be (re)made for the umpteenth time.  I thought movie audiences were better than that.

Posted Image

• Like 10

If these opening weekend numbers for Godzilla are true, they would make me a very happy camper. High enough to beat TASM 2, but not high enouhg to beat TWS (a movie I am rooting to stay in the top 5 for the year!)

• Like 1

Amidst all the Godzilla talk, anyone notice the meh to bad drop for Neighbors this weekend? Not exactly a good second weekend hold for an R rated comedy with no direct competition. I hope it doesn't fall apart when Blended/Million Ways hit ( for BSG purposes).

That's why I went with the most conservative amount for SoTM 3/4 ((I forget which one was the comedy movie one that Neighbors' gross would surpass.))

Adam Sandler's crappy movies always make money.
  • Like 2