#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Very good number for X-Men:DOFP. Would love to see it hit 100 but either way a big success, close to doubling First Class OW. Having seen the film, I think if you are a fan of the trilogy and First Class there is no way you can leave disappointed. Really, really well done. The only thing I DIDN'T understand was this, hopefully someone can help me out:

Okay, I understood the time lines and how things were rewritten etc. My only question is, IF Mystique was originally captured and her blood harvested for the sentinels, wouldn't or shouldn't Trask Industries have existed in the original trilogy? Or shouldn't Mystique have still been captured etc? That was the only part of the storyline I couldn't make sense of.

Yeah that was pretty much a loophole. But it could be explained away by assuming that

Mystique escaped sometime after she was caught and that during the original trilogy, Trask Industries were not ready with the adaptable Sentinels.

• Like 1

I guess that's a good number, but underwhelming when we were told it could possibly hit $42m. So...I guess ANOTHER weekend with $90m. It's not hitting close to $100m. $36m Friday means no more than a $92m weekend.

$250m finish at best. But it's X-Men, so it'll probably do $235m-$240m. I guess Cap2 will reign supreme this year.

Lolworthy WOM. I wanted to check it out coz of Claire's enthusiasm but whoever else watched it has told me it is sleep inducing.

Lolworthy WOM? Get over yourself. And it's not sleep-inducing. It's the most fun I've had in theaters in a long time.

Thats hard. X-men films are not known for good multipliers.

Well it appears that this one is the most audience-friendly/crowd-pleasing since X2. And X2 would have had much better legs if it hadn't been steamrolled by The Matrix Reloaded. DOFP isn't gonna have any competition of that size for a month, and it's the best-received May blockbuster this year. So it could do it, I think.

• Like 2

They didn't get much of her blood. They just got a tiny drop from the pavement where she got shot. TRASK may have stopped operating after Trask got arrested. And even if it continued, I assume the Sentinels program wouldn't have pushed through.

But that was only AFTER they went back. BEFORE they went back, it was told that she was captured. This would have been the past up until the point at the beginning of this film when they go back in time to rewrite everything. The DNA they collected from her leg would (bullet) would have been the new storyline, so that part makes sense. The part you're saying now. My question is if the whole point of the movie is that they have to go back to rewrite Mystique killing Trask, wouldn't she have been absent from the originally trilogy? Or at the very least wouldn't the sentinels existed then?

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

I'm going to guess Guardians ends up in between numbers 2 and 3.

I think Guardians has a chance at being the best of them (At least for me), it looks incredibly original and unique, and I love original and unique.

Yeah that was pretty much a loophole. But it could be explained away by assuming that

Mystique escaped sometime after she was caught and that during the original trilogy, Trask Industries were not ready with the adaptable Sentinels.

This is probably the best explanation I can think of as well.  

It was very possible to me that Mystique escaped, I was just having issues with the fact that the sentinels were not in the original trilogy. But you're right, we could at least assume the technology wasn't ready, even though I think this is a bit weak. It at least works though.