#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Well it looks like all Sandler has left is Hotel Transylvania and Grown Ups franchises. Audiences are ignoring everything else.

Blended bombing could help X-Men: DOFP and Godzilla in Saturday and Sunday #s. A family film animated film usually is released during Memorial Wknd, and with Blended bombing, maybe families will tune out to watch X-Men and Godzilla.
  • Like 1

most who did not love the movie have made it clear that the problem was not absence of action, but those parts with humans were boring because of a weak script and weak characterization.

whether the script and characters were weak enough to be boring is up for debate. some found it engaging, some did not. but not all who disliked it are saying that it should be all action. just that considering they did not find the non-action parts engaging, they wish the action had started sooner.

I'd say half. Not all. The other half bitched about the lack of action.

Great. High end would lock first 100M OW of 2014. It really was a great movie and has done wonders for the X-Men franchise. It really resurrected the X-Men franchise like F5 for Fast and Furious. :D

Apocalypse could finally hit 300M+ for the franchise. :D

It premiers the same month as BVS and ASM3 soon follows I don't know if it can do 300 that is to much competition.Plus this was the event of this franchise a key storyline bringing the old and new cast together for the first and only time. Nothing can top this in scale, this is the avengers of the X men universe

It premiers the same month as BVS and ASM3 soon follows I don't know if it can do 300 that is to much competition.Plus this was the event of this franchise a key storyline bringing the old and new cast together for the first and only time. Nothing can top this in scale, this is the avengers of the X men universe

At this point TASM3 is the movie that needs to worry on any release date.
  • Like 1

Edwards taunted the audience too many times with his cutaways from the monster action.  The first time was kind of amusing and then it became annoying and unnecessary.

If the film keeps falling as hard as I believe it will, there won't be a sequel.  It will keep being delayed and delayed and just fade into oblivion.

The moment we got the friday number last week, it was destined for a sequel.

This is all about $$$, not about whether you liked it or not. And from business standpoint, this is going to get a sequel.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Blended bombing could help X-Men: DOFP and Godzilla in Saturday and Sunday #s. A family film animated film usually is released during Memorial Wknd, and with Blended bombing, maybe families will tune out to watch X-Men and Godzilla.

Or maybe they'll run to ASM2!

I think if that was happening we'd already see it in the numbers.  It really is a shame there wasn't a film for the kids released for the holidays - they overstuffed the beginning of the year and left the summer almost empty.  Muppets or Peabody & Sherman or both should have moved here.

• Like 1

Well it looks like all Sandler has left is Hotel Transylvania and Grown Ups franchises.

Audiences are ignoring everything else.

He seems to be going through another career change with his next two films being directed by acclaim filmmakers, although he'll be back to dumb comedies with Pixels (at least I presume).

it is not awful its mediocre but kinda enjoyable

Oh, it's awful

Worst thing about it: Terry Crews completely wasted so that Common can have a role

Or maybe they'll run to ASM2! I think if that was happening we'd already see it in the numbers.  It really is a shame there wasn't a film for the kids released for the holidays - they overstuffed the beginning of the year and left the summer almost empty.  Muppets or Peabody & Sherman or both should have moved here.

Kids and families typically go to the theaters on Saturdays more. All I'm saying is that a lack of family films might help out big films this week.