#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I didn't say the others didn't, but many in here are inferring that XM only had 10 pm showings which is a tad misleading ;)  It doesn't mean the number is bad, just saying.

Huh? Who is inferring that? I think we all know what midnights/10 PM/8 PM/7 PM shows mean - shows STARTING at that time, but multiple showtimes. People are simply inferring that those movies had 2/3 hours extra, that could account for thousands of extra showings...

If people really wanted to see it badly enough they'd see the film at 10pm, they really wouldn't care about no.earlier showtimes. The only thing that could change my mind about that is if there were a ton of sellouts and people were getting turned away, and I haven't read anywhere that that is indeed the case.

People are being too reasonable here.

We need a meltdown or two....

That preview numbers are extremely low compared to other blockbusters this year.

I predict 80million 4-day.Am i doing it right?

If people really wanted to see it badly enough they'd see the film at 10pm, they really wouldn't care about no.earlier showtimes. The only thing that could change my mind about that is if there were a ton of sellouts and people were getting turned away, and I haven't read anywhere that that is indeed the case.

I had an important meeting at 8am this morning.

I'm having my fiscal end of year evaluation at 11am

I have a technology training I'm coaching at 2pm

Shit to do in between all those important calendar events. (true I'm pissing a few min with you guys right now but I digress)

I really, really want to see it. Some of us are grown ass adults who have responsibilities beyond seeing a movie and need to be rested for.....you know, the truly important shit. 

• Like 3

I suppose the 4-day weekend makes it impossible to compare with CA2 since more people will see it on the Sunday than they would have. Since reviews are good I'm guessing their final totals will be similar though.

Well, shit. I changed my answer from No to Yes in the BSG regarding 9 mill at midnight at 10:25, when I saw how packed my theater was and all the posts in the main topic. Knew I shoulda stuck with my gut- 10 P.M. made it act much more like a normal midnight than other big films this year. Still a great number. Can't really extrapolate from it. Lower than any of the biggest blockbusters this year, but it's higher than FF6, for example, and that did 97 million despite being extremely frontloader.

FYI, this will be the official Weekend Numbers thread. A separate Thursday Numbers thread can be created when we start getting them for the holdovers.

Dat Admin power.It has begun...

First Class only did 3.37m, so this is a very good increase. Right now I'am seeing high 90's for the weekend.

Depends, Wolverine had good midnight numbers and people were expecting a big weekend, it was instead very front loaded. X Men has been skewing more and more front loaded