Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Be realistic, HTTD2 can make at most 99m. You forget the curse.

I'll be shocked if it opens to less than 85m. 100m is a stretch, but I think it's possible. Depends on how much kids have seen Maleficent, since if they haven't seen that than they're gonna be pretty starved for a movie.

• Like 1

I believe it had a good simple story of survival and overcoming obstacles.  For characterization Cruise did an awesome job as a coward and then suddenly don't give a shit PTSD soldier who wants to get the hell out of this situation.  And he also loves Rita and expressed it well.  EOT is same up there with DOFP.

I didn't say it had a bad story or bad characterization. Just that DOFP's was better. EoT's was perfectly good too.

• Like 1

Totally called FIOS diving 50%+ Saturday. Will be interesting to see the legs long term on it.

There won't be any legs, just bloody stumps. This is looking like the majority who wanted to see it rushed out for the Thursday previews and Friday shows. After a 50% drop on Saturday I'm really curious to see what happens Sunday.

There won't be any legs, just bloody stumps. This is looking like the majority who wanted to see it rushed out for the Thursday previews and Friday shows. After a 50% drop on Saturday I'm really curious to see what happens Sunday.

Happy I didn't buy into all the crazy 150-200m+ hype floating around here and predicted a fairly modest 108m total for it in the BSG. Could end up dead on if it stays this frontloaded.

If only good weekend drops were a mutation...The movie deserves it. But alas, it was never going to be. Xmen is always frontloaded.

I think it has more to do with competition.
  • Like 2

And it already made its budget back.i bet the drop is going to be decent too.

Happy I didn't buy into all the crazy 150-200m+ hype floating around here and predicted a fairly modest 108m total for it in the BSG. Could end up dead on if it stays this frontloaded.

It would be an impressive run for a movie with no  Imax or 3D.  And low budget as well.

• Like 2

I think it has more to do with competition.

Weakest total May in years = weak competition. DOFP will be the highest grosser for May and it will the lowest one since MI2 in 2000 - unadjusted.  It will be lower than SID last year which was behind IM3 and FF6 in May. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

It would be an impressive run for a movie with no  Imax or 3D.  And low budget as well.

This movie could have the most epic drops known to man that make Jason Voorhees and Gigli blush and it'd still be a success.
  • Like 1

The low budget means it never needed to do much anyways to be profitable. I just never bought that it would have a huge OW and great legs, and it looks like that won't be the case.

Why do people insist on comparing summer films with other seasons?? The Day to Day drops / rises are NOT in any way shape or form comparable.

That being said - its a terrible opening for EoT and that fall for Fault is awesome (for how high it is) and suits my summer game much better.....

DOFP - not much more to be said, glad its kicking Godzilla's tail though

• Like 1

This movie could have the most epic drops known to man that make Jason Voorhees and Gigli blush and it'd still be a success.

If it reaches 100 million, thats roughly 900% profit right there alone.

• Like 1

Jolie > Bullock > McCarthy > JLaw > Woodley
  • Like 1

Well, reading through that...it's not perfect...but it's pretty damn good.Pat yourself on the back.I think your slightly underestimating the turtles though.
  • Like 1