Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Just need about 10 million to do that 50 million mark. Think it will drop big on Sunday?

I guess it opened big because

Posted Image

And I guess it dropped big because

Posted Image

I don't care that this is from way earlier tonight, but why the fuck are we bringing the shittiest song ever up? I thought that song died a year ago.

Also...I LOVED Godzilla. I thought it was a ridiculously fun film and the last 20 minutes are epic. But, yeah, its legs have been out of this world bad. 

It's not a $150m+ sequel where short legs are expected. I can't see it hitting $200m anymore. Monster films are front-loaded, sure. But not to this extent. Clearly WOM is polarizing. 

• Like 3

After this weekend, GODZILLA has roughly 10-12M to make it to 200M Domestic and I see no reason why it shouldn't make it there, even in 2nd run theatres... This is pretty much a done deal at this point...

Yes, yes, Godzilla still can make it to the magic $200M.

Some truly beautiful CGI sequences but we all agree the story

moves like the hero, lacks focus and more importantly dies when

Cranston is put in the body bag. Big mistake by Warner

by allowing Heisenberg dies the second time.

AMC is thinking of reviving Heisenberg - now that's

smart.

Who gives a fuck??? If X-MEN is so damn great, why is it not holding together better at the box office and you can't deny this either??? It's dropping like a fucking rock on the daily basis and you know it is.. GODZILLA on the otherhand has more than made it's $$$ back and once again, a sequel is greenlit.. Now what???

Warner probably spend more money acquiring that (brilliantly creepy choral) 2001 Space Odyssey track by Lygetti than on the script.

The movie should not be costing $160M. It should be $40M less.

After this weekend, GODZILLA has roughly 10-12M to make it to 200M Domestic and I see no reason why it shouldn't make it there, even in 2nd run theatres... This is pretty much a done deal at this point...

It'll need $16m more. It's not gonna make it, IMO.

• Like 1

Maleficent also has less competition at this point. Fault somehow didn't kill it. I doubt it'll survive HTTYD2 and 22 Jump Street next weekend.

Uh what even? Maleficent is facing a lot more direct competition.SWATH opened a week after MIB3 ($50+ mil OW) and in its OW it didn't have to compete with another big release. It didn't face direct competition for its target audience, which was female teens and adults, until 3 weeks after its release with Brave and even that was more aimed at children. One week later (4 weeks after SWATH's OW) Magic Mike opened which was probably the most similar to SWATH's demographic.Maleficent however opened the week after X-Men ($90+ mil OW) and had to face another big release, AMTDITW, during its OW. Maleficent's target audience, kids and female teens, are already getting new films the two weeks after its release. So Maleficent is facing A LOT more competition than SWATH ever did in its entire run. The film is holding very well, the audience are liking it and yes next week it'll take a hit but considering everyone said that last week too I think it will still hold better than everyone thinks. Jolie is pushing this film and makes it appeal to everyone so if we take everything into consideration Maleficent is doing extremely well, beyond everyone's expectations and waaay better than SWATH! 

Edited by Smetens
  • Like 2

Edge of Tomorrow Battle Suit: big, fat & ugly

Posted Image

Less than $100M at the box office

Iron Man 3 Combat Suit: slim, sexy & gorgeous

Posted Image

More than $400M at the box office

It is comments like this that have caused all of the image issues that battle suits now faced.  In the old day even the Daleks could be proud of their appearance and not have to worry so much whether or not the being that they exterminated thought they were clunky.  Now... now... well just look at how Gypsy Danger felt it had to mod itself.  We shouldn't be judging these battle suits on their appearance.  They should be judged on the scale of whats truly important... their ability to smash their enemies.  Support are cause tell your battle suit not to worry about how clunky it is.  

If you think your battle suit is suffering from any problems based on its self image you can call for support at 1 800 batlsut (118-5788) or find information at suportbattlesuitimage.org.  Thank you for your time.  

• Like 2

It'll need $16m more. It's not gonna make it, IMO.

Check this out. After sun/mon Godzilla will be behind TASM2. And that will just crawl past 200 mill it self..If it looses a huge chunk of theaters next weekend 200 mill could be overhttp://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=2014openers.htm

If the movie stays at about 1M per day til next weekend, it'll do it..

It wontSat 2,4Sun 1,6Mon much lower than 1 millTue i doubt even thenWed lollollolThu hasta la vista baby

I've typed in BOLD for YEARS, all the way back to 2003 in the BOM Days and have done so since.. It has nothing to do with drawing attention and I don't need to type in BOLD to achieve that either...

What movie have you made recently that qualifies you to be the expert on how much WB/Legendary should be spending on this movie???? What was that?? NONE..

Posted Image

• Like 3

Will see.. 2nd run theatres should take care of this..

Yes. We will see. I belive WB has a intrest in getting this over 200 mill so its possible with a little fudge