Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Yeah, it's not the next Matrix, but it's certainly up there with District 9 as good modern hard sci-fi. Personally would say Looper, Source Code, and District 9 are all great recent serious sci-fi (as in 9/10 movies) I'm thinking 56%

Based on Saturday and Sunday hold...What the...
  • Like 1

I completely forgot E3 was this week. Awesome.

Tomorrow is the big day! Can't wait for the conferences of Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA and Sony!

It's funny, because THE FAULT IN OUR STARS sounds like an Interstellar-eque sci-fi film

Only if you're unfamiliar with Shakespeare or melodramatic romance titles

Edited by Numbers the One True King

ROTPOTA is a pretty good movie. I like how it's 150% about the apes. Nobody gives a shit about the humans, we're totally rooting for those apes to stick it to the man. It's only 100 minutes too, which is nice.

• Like 2

Dillane has a rad accent.

He didn't even bother to change it for Zero Dark Thirty despite being an American in the film

I'd watch a brooding, glaring staredown between Dillane and Mark Strong

• Like 1

ROTPOTA is a pretty good movie. I like how it's 150% about the apes. Nobody gives a shit about the humans, we're totally rooting for those apes to stick it to the man.It's only 100 minutes too, which is nice.

I love ROTPOTA, but I don't have a good feeling about the sequel. It doesn't look that inspiring to me.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Sony is doing a great job. I am so pumped for tomorrow. From Microsoft's conference to Sony's conference I won't do shit. I will see it all. Hopefully Sony has something for this holiday season.

• Like 1

Sony is doing a great job. I am so pumped for tomorrow. From Microsoft's conference to Sony's conference I won't do shit. I will see it all. Hopefully Sony has something for this holiday season.

God knows they need it. The launch titles between both consoles have been and continue to be woeful.

Edited by Hatebox

Prognosis:

Not likely. Almost everything is 2015.

THIS pisses me off. If you're gonna pirate something, at least do it right, goddamn it! To be honest, considering how empty some of the shows here play, I could record a damn movie on my phone with much better quality than some of these pirated copies. But I'm too nice to do that.  :ph34r:

But anyway, the situation sucks. Of course, the fact that it is a low-profile movie has a lot to do with the situation. It would never have made any real money there (otherwise they would still have released it, as the exhibitors/distributors would have felt the potential is still there with the market). Still sucks, though.

These days with phones coming that can record 1080p and even 4k as well as having memory cards that can go up to 128gb, it could definitely change the movie industry with all this piracy besides online movies of Netflix and so on.