baumer

22 Jump Street (2014)

61 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Not as good as the first one, but still solid. The metacomedy and the characters still produce laughs. My only issues with the film were that it felt a little repetitive after a while (I know this was part of the joke, but it never worked for me). Also, I felt like the emotional core was rather forced and didn't really add anything. Still, a funny film. 3/4

• Like 1

It was funny. And hilarious in its self-awareness. I thought a few jokes kinda dragged on. But the great chemistry between Hill and Tatum was fantastic.The subplot with the captain's daughter was hilarious, however, seems somewhat unresolved. Great actions, that chase through the campus was gold. Very enjoyable and a good sequel. I would rate it a tad behind 21JS though.A-

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

While perhaps a smidge less hilarious than its predecessor, 22 Jump Street is the rare comedy sequel that delivers on its promise. Once again, directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller appear to being putting all that they have into the film, and the result is a sequel that works because it's gleefully aware of the fact that it's a sequel. It has to be one of the most meta movies I've ever seen, but it goes down that meta route without completely abandoning the laugh-out-loud (and sometimes surrealist) humor or the still surprisingly strong onscreen bond between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. It is too long and doesn't quite have enough material to fully justify running nearly two hours (although it definitely ends on a strong note with that credits sequence), but the majority of the material on hand is so enjoyable that the film is ultimately difficult to resist.

B+

• Like 1

I will say I really liked the first one so geting that out of the way.

WIth that being said, I thought this was even better.  I laughed for almost the whole movie.  I still love all the little inside movie references, from the jokes about making sequels with more double the budget, to the joke about White House Down, to the Benny Hill joke.  Everything worked for me.  I probably laughed a little too loud, but that is the point.

If this was bad, I would have almost given up on comedies :P

A-

• Like 1

I will say I really liked the first one so geting that out of the way.

WIth that being said, I thought this was even better.  I laughed for almost the whole movie.  I still love all the little inside movie references, from the jokes about making sequels with more double the budget, to the joke about White House Down, to the Benny Hill joke.  Everything worked for me.  I probably laughed a little too loud, but that is the point.

If this was bad, I would have almost given up on comedies :P

A-

The times I saw it, no one laughed at the whole 'no one cared about the Jump Street reboot' stuff.

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. You all know I LMAO'd at the Mr. & Mrs. Smith reference. And Jonah Hill doing walk of shame :rofl:So refreshing to see a comedy sequel that doesn't suck ass. Insider movie business references FTW. Channing Tatum wins the award for most improved, guy has been on fire the last few years. He is seriously fucking hilarious.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.You all know I LMAO'd at the Mr. & Mrs. Smith reference.And Jonah Hill doing walk of shame :rofl:So refreshing to see a comedy sequel that doesn't suck ass. Insider movie business references FTW.Channing Tatum wins the award for most improved, guy has been on fire the last few years. He is seriously fucking hilarious.

Only a handful of people laughed at the walk of shame bit.

I was the only one laughing at the meta references.

Amazing movie. I also had the feeling that the first one was better and slightly more funny but I might be wrong because the first one had a ver big element of surprise. I still remember I was expecting it to be terrible at the time and it's blew away my expectations. I guess after I watch 22 jump street a few more times I will be more sure. But it's definately a great sequel and a hilarious comedy.

A-.

I thought it was funny at times but also kinda boring with 'emotional' parts and the gay stuff between the two is neither funny nor necessary to be in the movie 5 or 6 times

With that said its alright for a comedy sequel certainly as good as it gets and self referential jokes were fine

7/10 ... would've been a 6 but the ending credits were great