Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

It seems like that Dragon is having pretty much the same Friday than 22 or even higher. Not a bad start, expect it to do better on Saturday. Both should clear 60m.

Get it there EoT, third place and sub 50 drop would be brilliant, would keep the 100m hopes alive. 

Edited by Alfredstellar
  • Like 1

Normally I would go 4x for HTTYD2. But this year has had bad multipliers. Lego's 3.71 is the highest for 100m+ movies I guess, followed by Peabody's 3.43. Rio2 and Ride Along the other 2 100m+ films to have >3.0 multiplier. So will go a little conservative with 3.65-3.85 multiplier for HTTYD2.

Peabody and Rio didn't gave HTTYD wom and Lego had a big fanbase going in (anyone who played with legos which is pretty much everyone).

• Like 4

Next weekend is the first weekend this summer without intense competition (Think Like a Man Too will obviously appeal only to a limited audience, and it's hard to imagine Jersey Boys being even close to a huge blockbuster event), so I would expect the holdovers to finally catch a break for once.

• Like 3

Peabody and Rio didn't gave HTTYD wom and Lego had a big fanbase going in (anyone who played with legos which is pretty much everyone).

True. Though 3.85 is well above multipliers of Peabody, Rio and Lego. Also Peabody and Lego weren't sequels.

• Like 2

True. Though 3.85 is well above multipliers of Peabody, Rio and Lego. Also Peabody and Lego weren't sequels.

The first HTTYD had almost 5x multiplier, I don't see HTTYD 2 multiplier dropping a lot especially because of the lack of competituin and fantastic reviews. It has a higher metacritic score than the first one now. 

• Like 1

The first HTTYD had almost 5x multiplier, I don't see HTTYD 2 multiplier dropping a lot especially because of the lack of competituin and fantastic reviews. It has a higher metacritic score than the first one now. 

Sequels almost always have significantly lower multipliers than popular originals. I think HTTYD2 is around a 4x, maybe a tad more at best.

• Like 1

That's a well-thought-out argument. Congrats.

If the films are of such great quality and appealing then they would be doing better at the box office.

The arguement is that they are more appealing and well liked to certain audience groups/fans only. 

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't count 4x or a tad more than that out. Just the way this year has gone makes me more conservative.

EDIT: Also like I mentioned a few pages back, am of he opinion that HTTYD1 and Alice got benefits of 3D surge created by Avatar. Avatar was in top 3 for the last time in Feb, and these 2 movies came in March just as Avatar was tapering off. Apart from it's quality, I think the insane 5.0 multiplier had something to do with that.

Edited by a2k