Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

It's uneven and overlong but I laughed throughout.

It's a little rough around the edges, but it's got heart where it counts. Plus, it has my all time favorite Star Wars reference in it. I was the only person in a sold out show to literally laugh out loud at that joke.
  • Like 1

Why are people depressed? Dragon 2?

I really hope people aren't seriously disappointed at that fantastic 22JS number. 

Yes. A lot of people were anticipating a big opening and an exciting run for it. The exciting run part could still happen albeit with a lower starting point.

• Like 3

I know most of it is the movies, but still it feels more like March than June. That sucks. I love when we have everyone and their mom logged on and posting, afternoon, evening, and night, feels like one big party.

• Like 2

I know most of it is the movies, but still it feels more like March than June. That sucks. I love when we have everyone and their mom logged on and posting, afternoon, evening, and night, feels like one big party.

4 and a half months from now...

• Like 3

You can probably blame the generally not-very-exciting crop of movies this summer for that.

last year's summer top 6 was:

1. IM3 - 409M

2. DM2 - 368M

3. MOS - 291M

4. MU - 268M

5. F&F6 - 238M

6. STID - 228M

There's a distinct chance only 1 movie this summer will be even big enough to reach the #6 spot on that list. (Though legs for all 3 of DOFP, HTTYD, and 22JS could get them there.)

There really haven't been any big break out movies this summer. Neighbors is generally coming in right around expectations, perhaps a tiny bit above, but has had generally underwhelming legs. Maleficent is coming in over most folk's predictions, but nothing super big, and is generally considered a mediocre movie, nothing special. And TFIOS is actually going to come in under most people's expectations if the second weekend drop is a sign of things to come.

• Like 3

I am mourning the national team right now. Can't say much more because of the spoilers thing.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1