Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

4th of July weekend will really help HTTYD 2, it'll be the only family film around then. You might respond back with Earth to Echo, but that's only tracking for a $10M OW, and I think that even that might be too high.

Well MU had 3.26x but its legs were really cut by DM2 and to a lesser extent Turbo. How high could it have gotten otherwise? I doubt 4x. This year has much less competition but it just seems like the BO is in a malaise.
  • Like 3

Well MU had 3.26x but its legs were really cut by DM2 and to a lesser extent Turbo. How high could it have gotten otherwise? I doubt 4x. This year has much less competition but it just seems like the BO is in a malaise.

MU grossed $80M+, of course it would have smaller legs............. Edited by Godzilla likes Tom Cruise
  • Like 1

Absolutely brutal for Dragons 2. Why the hell does Fox not promote their Dreamworks films? Should have stayed with Paramount.

Rise of the Guardians opened to 23m, Puss 34m, Megamind 46m, HTTYD 43m, KFP2 47m and Shrek4 70m. Madagascar3 did just decent and it decreased from the second one. Let's face, Dreamworks never was huge (outside Shrek franchise), it's not Fox's fault.

• Like 3

MU grossed $80M+, of course it would have smaller legs.............

Also DM2 kicked it's ass. MU's 2nd weekend drop of 44.7% is better than Wall-e and Brave, and par with Cars despite a much bigger ow. Then in weekend 3 it went downhill and stayed that way http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=monstersinc2.htm

Usually Pixar films recover in the 3rd weekend. Good scheduling Disney.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

HTTYD2 will be fine...it pretty much has a monopoly on kids flick for the rest of the summer...

But it wasn't supposed to be fine.It was supposed to be massive.:(No 300m movie this summer, here we come.
  • Like 1