Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Chicken Run's another good one.

Shaun The Sheep sounds promising, and given Aardman's track record, I have confidence it'll be quite good.

Aardman despite not releasing many animated films have made great films, their problem is that the humour is very British plus stop animation isn't as well loved as CG but I don't think they've ever aimed to be as big as Disney.

• Like 2

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eveAs for anything else can't be fucked working it out atm

Straight with no chaser.

Thanks Rth. 

• Like 1

I think it is clear that even if your films was extremely well received you can't wait too long these days if you want the sequel to explode. We saw that with Star Trek 2 and now it looks like it is happening with Dragon as well. 

taking a look at the sequels to well received films that did explode or did very well. Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Twilight: New Moon, Transformers 2, Fast and Furious 6, Hangover Part 2, 22 Jump Street. They came out two years or less after their predecessor. Coincidence? I think not

• Like 3

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eveAs for anything else can't be fucked working it out atm

Ouch for HTTYD2. if it gets 16.5 then it might make under 50. 

• Like 1

Aardman despite not releasing many animated films have made great films, their problem is that the humour is very British plus stop animation isn't as well loved as CG but I don't think they've ever aimed to be as big as Disney.

This is true, however I'm not a Brit and I find their humor to be quite enjoyable hilarious. I laughed a lot at The Pirates for example.

• Like 2

Noctis you troll, you dirty bastard, you...

Please, please, please don't call me a dirty bastard. I was born out of wedlock and I was bullied mercilessly growing up because of it.
  • Like 3

This kind of feels like Summer 2010 all over again, every movie is disappointing.

Except...we won't have a Toy Story 3. Or a Iron Man 2. Or a Twilight. Or a Harry Potter. Or an Inception.So...this is worse. Edited by kowhite
  • Like 6

Yeah, given how animated movies go today...being a musical is hardly a reasonable complaint.Disney just spent a decade plus avoiding being a musical for the most part. I say..bring on more musicals.Ok, I can live with less princesses.

Musicals were Disney bread and butter before Pixar came along, you look at the 90s animated films like Anastasia and Prince of Egypt, both copied the Disney formula. The animated musical has slowly made a comeback not only at Disney but at Illumination and Blue Sky and Dreamworks has two in development.

• Like 1