stripe

Monday Numbers: 22J 6.9,HTTYD2 5.1,Malef 2.2

Yeah it really hurt The Lion King.

Dat 90's rating system. Im still not sure how Lion King and Tarzan got G's. TLK definitely had "thematic elements" and a surprising amount of implied violence - like when its implied the hyenas eat Scar, lmao still kinda graphic. And in Tarzan how the baby monkey is implied eaten, and then theres the poacher guy with the gun, and he gets hanged by vines in the end, during a thunderstorm. I feel like it they werent Disney they wouldve gotten PG's. Doesnt matter at all, but its just something ive always been fascinated with. That and Titanics full frontal. Oh MPAA. Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 3

Ah, a straw man.If you cannot tell you're trolling, you're not worth my time.

Come on. He's not the only one doing it. There's a troll for every movie it seems. There's one for Maleficent, one for Godzilla, one for Xmen. Why single him out? Everybody has had to endure negativity towards their favorite movie at some point.

• Like 2

You laugh, but I don't think mojo is that far from the truth. That's been a popular theory for why the MPAA had been more lenient towards Disney and Pixar films than they have been for more human-oriented stories.

They may have been disturbing, but they were removed enough from young children's reality that they still believe they can handle it.

The MPAA has evidently never watched any of these movies with actual children.  The sobbing I heard during the Lion King was heart rending.  It's just that think it's animated, there's humor and sometimes there are songs so - "G" or maybe "PG"

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Maybe not as great as what you mentioned, I think those films from the silver era or whatever it's called in the mid to late 90s' were underrated in general. Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan and even Emperor were all really good.

i don't think Mulan is underrated at all tbh. Emperor was definitely slept on, but it still has lots of fans.

• Like 1

Come on. He's not the only one doing it. There's a troll for every movie it seems. There's one for Maleficent, one for Godzilla, one for Xmen. Why single him out? Everybody has had to endure negativity towards their favorite movie at some point.

Because it's incessantly repeating the same thing and just finding more ways to berate it. Plus, I don't think he or she has even seen the movie yet. At least the Maleficent haters have been burned by that movie. I wasn't around for Godzilla or XM to know who or what is trolling them.

I've already blocked him, so no big deal, I just don't want to keep going into topics wanting to read about people's opinion about the movie, good or bad, or numbers, just to see the same person posting the same thing about Dragon failing to make $200m/$400m/Madagascar 3/1 billion/OW sucks/meant to be biggest summer film etc. Most people post once. Anyway, it's done.

• Like 6

Because it's incessantly repeating the same thing and just finding more ways to berate it. Plus, I don't think he or she has even seen the movie yet. At least the Maleficent haters have been burned by that movie. I wasn't around for Godzilla or XM to know who or what is trolling them.

I've already blocked him, so no big deal, I just don't want to keep going into topics wanting to read about people's opinion about the movie, good or bad, or numbers, just to see the same person posting the same thing about Dragon failing to make $200m/$400m/Madagascar 3/1 billion/OW sucks/meant to be biggest summer film etc. Most people post once. Anyway, it's done.

Fair enough. Thanks for replying respectfully.

• Like 2

i don't think Mulan is underrated at all tbh. Emperor was definitely slept on, but it still has lots of fans.

Mulan, Emporer and Hercules are my favorites from the Silver age.  Mulan is just one of my favorites - period.  A truly great heroine and visually the Huns taking the Great Wall and later the Avalanche scene are spectacular.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

The violence in TLK wasn't that big of a deal because it was happening to animals.

Hmmm... maybe that's why 

I wasn't shocked, and I didn't cry and feel so sad for the whole day after I saw TLK as a little kid. Seriously though, even when a rewatched TLK as an adult, I bawled when Mufasa died, because it reminded me of what I felt when I saw it for the first time.

No matter what MPAA thinks, kids see those animals as characters that talk, think, and feel like humans, because in the movies, they actually do. So the impact will be the same.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

Mulan, Emporer and Hercules are my favorites from the Silver age.  Mulan is just one of my favorites - period.

i like Mulan and Emperor too(and i only watched Emperor a couple of years ago when i was 23, so it's not like it's nostalgia). Hercules i didn't like much as a kid cause i was a fan of the old Hercules series, and Hades was a bro there so i didn't like what they did with him in the movie.

• Like 1

Maybe not as great as what you mentioned, I think those films from the silver era or whatever it's called in the mid to late 90s' were underrated in general. Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan and even Emperor were all really good.

I really like Hercules, Hunchback, Mulan, Tarzan etc... as well.

• Like 1

so we all like those movies from the silver age which means we all just blame Pocahontas for the silver age being the silver age. Otherwise it would have been a continuation of the golden age.

• Like 1

so we all like those movies from the silver age which means we all just blame Pocahontas for the silver age being the silver age. Otherwise it would have been a continuation of the golden age.

lol

Of those I have recently rewatched, I'd rank: HOND, Hercules, Mulan, Mermaid. Don't particularly like the last two. HOND is great.

• Like 1