#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Kevin Hart can do no wrong, and his box office power keeps on growing.

Sony reported that Screen Gems’ Tim Story-directed sequel “Think Like a Man Too” opened to $1.8 million from 1,825 locations on Thursday night, with late shows that started at 8 pm.

http://www.thewrap.com/kevin-hart-think-like-a-man-too-box-office/

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

I have literally seen no marketing for Think Like a Man Too, then again I don't watch television.

I've literally seen one tv spot but yeah I watch mostly movies on tv so that may be why

As for the number, that is a good start :)

Edited by 75live
  • Like 3

Watching the NBA postseason, Sportscenter, FX, etc., I've seen plenty of marketing for this flick. I even saw a bit in which Hart played both Shaq, Kenny and Sir Charles. I'm expecting a healthy $35M+ OW for it.

That explains it.  I don't want the NBA any more and haven't watched ESPN in over 2 years.

• Like 1

This is obviously marketed towards a black audience so thats where youll see the marketing. Dont be surprised if this hits 40 mill OW.

• Like 7

This is obviously marketed towards a black audience so thats where youll see the marketing. Dont be surprised if this hits 40 mill OW.

:o

• Like 2

I have literally seen no marketing for Think Like a Man Too, then again I don't watch television.

If you watch MTV, BET, VH1, Comedy Central, FX and other channels geared towards the urban and young adult audience then you would have seen lots of tv advertisements. Otherwise probably not.

• Like 2

3 mainstream, wide release movies have had an African-American as the main character so far this year (out of 68 mainstream movies).  These 3 movies have RT scores of 18%, 23%, and 69%.  Average out the 3 movies and you get an average RT of 37%.  Spike Lee was correct when he said that films like 12 Years a Slave or The Butler are really rare for the movie industry to make.  They are not the norm.  These 3 movies are the norm, or something dumb like Big Momma's House, Bad Boys 2, etc.  The movie industry should stop having such low standards for African-Americans who go to the movies.  They deserve better movies.  To be fair, people of all races go see dumb crap like Transformers sequels in high numbers, but at least Caucasian people get to star in a wide variety of movies and roles.

Edited by Ando81
  • Like 1

3 mainstream, wide release movies have had an African-American as the main character so far this year (out of 68 mainstream movies).  These 3 movies have RT scores of 18%, 25%, and 69%.  Average out the 3 movies and you get an average RT of 37%.  Spike Lee was correct when he said that films like 12 Years a Slave or The Butler are really rare for the movie industry to make.  They are not the norm.  These 3 movies are the norm, or something dumb like Big Momma's House, Bad Boys 2, etc.  The movie industry should stop having such low standards for African-Americans who go to the movies.  They deserve better movies.  To be fair, people of all races go see dumb crap like Transformers sequels in high numbers, but at least Caucasian people get to star in a wide variety of movies and roles.

First of all, Big Momma's House and Bad Boys were two different genres (action and comedy)- and i thought they were both enjoyable films. The problem is that white males mostly control the movie industry. Until that changes, then movies starring largely black casts wont have much variety, those CEOS dont think anything else will sell. They'd rather take risks on other things even if those risks dont pay off. 

Edited by babz06