Plain Old Tele

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

WORST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!

It's the BESTEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!

Just figured I would balance out the thread for a bit  :P

No I haven't seen it yet so my real views will come then ;)

Just saw an advanced screening.

It was surprisingly dull.

The movie definitely felt way too bloated. Action scenes were a disaster of cluster of everything as usual, can't tell who's on what side. No character development as usual. Visuals were okay. Usual government is bad, single people are good nonsense. 

Also extremely obvious the movie was done to placate the Chinese, there's plenty of product placements by Chinese companies and the last 50 minutes or so of the movie was in China. I don't even remember the soundtrack. Just all noise. 

C-

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 6

Just saw an advanced screening.

It was surprisingly dull.

The movie definitely felt way too bloated. Action scenes were a disaster of cluster of everything as usual, can't tell who's on what side. No character development as usual. Visuals were okay. Usual government is bad, single people are good nonsense. 

Also extremely obvious the movie was done to placate the Chinese, there's plenty of product placements by Chinese companies and the last 50 minutes or so of the movie was in China. I don't even remember the soundtrack. Just all noise. 

C-

How would you rank it in comparison to the other three TF's?

• Like 1

TF1

TF3

TF4

TF2

Last spot is a flip between the two for me. 

As bad as TF2? That kind of worries me a bit. I'll still go into the theater with high hopes, though.

Also, did Bay tone down the dumb humor or was it constant/more of the same?

The only thing that makes TF1 > TF4 is the length, TF4 is too long. It's wayyyyyyy better than TF2 & 3, no doubt about it. Though there're boring parts, none of them are unwatchable.

I prefer TF4 to TF1 personally, not because it's a better movie but because it has more rewatchable scenes. I'll see it again next week for sure. It's totally worth my money.

Sorry don't feel like writing a full review but a review above is a bit too harsh (of course it's your opinion) so I just want to balance thing out a bit.

• Like 5

The only thing that makes TF1 > TF4 is the length, TF4 is too long. It's wayyyyyyy better than TF2 & 3, no doubt about it. Though there're boring parts, none of them are unwatchable. I prefer TF4 to TF1 personally, not because it's a better movie but because it has more rewatchable scenes. I'll see it again next week for sure. It's totally worth my money. Sorry don't feel like writing a full review but a review above is a bit too harsh (of course it's your opinion) so I just want to balance thing out a bit.

Agree, it's definitely better than TF2 and 3. I still prefer TF1, but this one is very enjoyable.

Did they say what happened to Sam Witwicky and his family?

Why the hell would Bumblebee leave him? I'm assuming his dead or something.

Im guessing Bumblebee would leave him to protect him, that kid has been through enough already lol.

• Like 1