Plain Old Tele

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

You know the feeling when you go into a theater, and watch in awe as all the cool scenes and character interactions happen right in front of you, and you feel like you had a good time at the theater with your friends and family, even share some good moments with other audience members?Yeah, none of that shit happened with this film. It was as if someone was shitting on my eyes for 3 hrs.I enjoyed the series for what it is, and even liked them...But this. Was. Total piece of shit.Edit: They should rename this to "Fuck It" because that's what it basically was.

Edited by bballman24
  • Like 3

I'm going to put this bluntly:

LMAO @ anyone dense enough to pay a dime for this trash.

Enough said.

It's my money, and since I quite enjoyed it I consider it the money well-spent.

I'm going to see it again actually. I know it's a bad movie. I know there're so many unforgivable flaws. But the movie does a few things very right and I think the 'rights' out-weight the 'wrongs'.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

Also, who was the main villain of this movie? Was it Galvatron or Lockdown? This movie couldn't really decide. The franchise has a major villain problem.

It was almost like Revenge of the Fallen before it, where they had Megatron do all the dirty work though his leader was the Fallen.

In the first, it was obvious Megatron was the main villain, but he didn't come into action until the final act.

The only villain that felt like a main villain in any film in this franchise was Sentinel Prime, as it was clear he was in charge and also did most of the dirty work.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Also, who was the main villain of this movie? Was it Galvatron or Lockdown? This movie couldn't really decide. The franchise has a major villain problem.

It was almost like Revenge of the Fallen before it, where they had Megatron do all the dirty work though his leader was the Fallen.

In the first, it was obvious Megatron was the main villain, but he didn't come into action until the final act.

The only villain that felt like a main villain in any film in this franchise was Sentinel Prime, as it was clear he was in charge and also did most of the dirty work.

I think it was pretty obvious that the villains were LockDown and Kelsey Grammer's character.  Megatron was just the setup for the next movie.

Michael Bay was the main villain…and everyone involved in writing the script were the evil minions.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 2

I think it was pretty obvious that the villains were LockDown and Kelsey Grammer's character.  Megatron was just the setup for the next movie.

I get that. The problem is the film doesn't always treat it that way. For one stretch, it's Lockdown wanting to bring back Optimus. Then for another stretch, it's about Kelsey Grammer and Titus Welliver wanting to eliminate all Transformers along with any humans helping them. And then it's Galvatron wanting the bomb thing.

Transformers 3 at least doesn't sideline its primary villain for most of the film.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

They've totally wasted Megatron over these films (well, Starscream more, given he was destroyed by Shia ... which was all the more depressing because he was always my favorite Transformer) ... he should be such a badass and he's treated as an afterthought towards the end of all these films, except the first one.

I laughed when Galvatron was essentially like 'you won today, we'll meet again Prime' ... I'm like, you didn't even confront him and you're running away now.

Shake my head.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

They've totally wasted Megatron over these films (well, Starscream more, given he was destroyed by Shia ... which was all the more depressing because he was always my favorite Transformer) ... he should be such a badass and he's treated as an afterthought towards the end of all these films, except the first one.

I laughed when Galvatron was essentially like 'you won today, we'll meet again Prime' ... I'm like, you didn't even confront him and you're running away now.

Shake my head.

Even in the first film, Megatron wasn't given much to do considering he was in cryo and wasn't released until sometime within the last 40 minutes. The movie where he has the most to do is the second film, but they have him answering to someone who's just sitting on the sidelines.

So the only decent-ish villain they had was Sentinel Prime.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

I get that. The problem is the film doesn't always treat it that way. For one stretch, it's Lockdown wanting to bring back Optimus. Then for another stretch, it's about Kelsey Grammer and Titus Welliver wanting to eliminate all Transformers along with any humans helping them. And then it's Galvatron wanting the bomb thing.

Transformers 3 at least doesn't sideline its primary villain for most of the film.

They did sideline Optimus Prime for a good 30 minutes because he got tangled in some wires.

• Like 2

I would first like to say that I loved all the other Transformer movies. I really did. This one, this one though, yeah, um... WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.

Most of it falls into what I love about the series.

Pros:

-Good action.

-Good visual effects.

-Better camera work. One thing I thought was better about this one then the others was that Bay really reeled that shaky cam in a bit, I don't recall much of it at all and made the action a little more clear. Also there was some cool shots, Lockdown walking down the country road with the ship in the background was awesome.

-I actually like Whalberg and even the girl (Not so much the love interest but at least he wasn't in it so much.)

-New Autobots are awesome. Great characters and personality. I had a lot of fun seeing them on screen. Optimus is still awesome.

-Dinobots were awesome, even if they did have limited screen time.

-I like Lockdown as well.

Cons:

-TOO FUCKING LONG!! Honestly, I didn't have a problem with the others, but something about this one made it feel as if it was never going to end. Probably how monotonous it became as it went on. The China battle would have been so much better if it had occurred earlier in the movie.

I really never had any script, story, or acting problems with the others or even this one. They were serviceable to the movie, I just wish the pacing was better and someone edited out massive amounts of the movie.

So, so, so, so, sooo disappointing. I'm now on the bandwagon that Bay needs to move on. They need to reboot the series desperately after this. It deserves a reboot.

B-/C+.

Edited by OmegaSupreme
  • Like 2

D+C-Horrific on a TPM levelMichael Bay mailed this one in...this is paint by the numbers. The writer, Ehren whatshisface, also mailed this one in. The plot holes and flaws are not worth the time it takes to type them out. The studios were pandering to the Chinese market in a way so obvious it was obscene. They also didn't even care to be subtle with the product placements. The 3D post conversion was very bad during the prehistoric scenes. Again, mailed it in. The pluses all lie with a couple of money shots.

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 2

^This.In the last 2 films, we actually get to see the Fallen start to activate the Sun Harvester and Sentinel bring back Cybertron.In this one, Galvatron NEVER lays hands on the Seed, and is never close to kicking off an actual "Age of Extinction." The closest to "Extinction" we get in the film is in the flashback scene. :pAnd Lockdown's ship levitating metal within a very focused, immediate radius does not count as an "Extinction" level event.

• Like 2