CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

48 minutes ago, Frozen said:

The director gave him a scene in this film so he could restart his career I guess.

That was on Shane Black Iron Man 3, looking at is IMDB credit he was working.

Raunch and Roll (post-production) 
Tommy Tucker
 Hallucinogen (completed) 
Professor McCormick
 20181st Born (completed) 
Gerald
 2017Dirty Lies 
Dirk
 2017Swing State 
Steve
 2016Last Man Club 
Dr. Cliff Darby
 2016The Nice Guys 
Perry the Lawyer
 2013Iron Man 3 

38 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think the studio should be held to blame along with the director for bringing in an active offender into a movie production. 

Except many for a job that would involve being alone with a kid (and SAG rules on studio production do try to protect kids quite a bit on the workplace), studio's are California employer and it could illegal for them to look if someone has a sexual offender pass.

That one seem to be on Black.

Olivia munn haa gone through this twice. First when she came out accusing brett ratner, whole media was saying to her, "grow up", "she is lying", "just for publicity". Then when last year it was proven ratner is a serial sexual assualter, everyone was apologizing to her. 

And now in this thread alone it is happening again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Pedophilia isn't a crime and I am not sure it was ever said he is one, the news made him sound like an ephebophile or a hebephile at worst.

Imo, convicted child sexual assaulter cannot get back to a 100% normal life once they leave, they cannot be put in position of authority of children, any jobs/hobby that could have them alone with one and so on. Extra consequence that are not for child safety can easily go into the unusual punishment side and I imagine that why it is illegal in many state for employer (that are not school or other special case) to look at sexual offender registry.

Laws must be very different from country to country because I ve read many crazy news stories where child molesters were able to work with children a few years after they were convicted by just moving to another town.

10 hours ago, DMan7 said:

So did the actor serve his time in prison and was cleared of charges? If he was then this sets a dangerous precedent that people with past offenses in society might never be forgiven and blacklisted from their respective industry.

He served his time in prison and he was charged for internet chat, no physical assault. The whole controversy about it is idiotic and Munn is full of shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Oliva Munn: Outs someone who has already did their time and goes out of her way to cut him from the movie and cause PR trouble.

Also Oliva Munn: Is in the X-men Apoyclpse movie that is directed by Bryan Singer.

Hypocrite

BS was outed after they shot the movie

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This is not a good look for the rest of the cast

I'm proud of the rest of the cast for not supporting Munn, this moronic controversy and idiotic SJW mob groups who support her. I'm glad that some people still didn't lose their brain in this terrible age. Even though Predator franchise will be dead after Disney acquisition anyway, I hope studios will avoid Munn like a plague after this. You can't sabotage your own movie and cast, who worked very hard on it, right before the premiere, especially for a bs reason like this, that's very ugly move.

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

The whole controversy about Singer and kids was long before X-Men: Apocalypse, it was one of those "open secrets" in town, people just didn't care at the time.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

It was on is wikipedia page since 2015 and on the sex offender public registery, convicted offender is public domain.

Singer never got convicted I think, big difference, but he made a lot of noise for a lot of time, around days of future past release notably:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/x-men-director-bryan-singer-accused-sexually-abusing-15-year-old-boy-article-1.1759389

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-hollywood-sex-20140510-story.html

Probably why Munn is making a difference with behind and in front the camera, not sure it apply for a director but she would probably not ask an ex-convict to not be on the accounting team or sound editing team of the movie. Having has a debate a which spot are acceptable for ex-convict on a movie crew.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It was on is wikipedia page since 2015 and on the sex offender public registery, convicted offender is public domain.

I'd even say it was right before DOFP premiere, Singer even missed press tour because of the trial and public controversy about it.

Edited by Firepower

I didn't follow this situation cause I'm not interested in Predator remake and have no clue who this actress is, but I just want to clarify whether Black's friend actually assaulted someone during the shoot or this controversy is "he could've had but didn't" in which case it makes no sense to me to bring it into the public eye so close to the premiere and not while the shoot was still on and danger of repeated offense hadn't passed. I'm confused so please explain what's going on.

I am 100% sure that Olivia Munn knows that she will probably get blacklisted from Hollywood for doing what she did. Those of you "hoping" she doesnt get hired, don't need to hope because thats exactly whats going to happen. A lot of people don't realize this but the reason why the majority of actors/actresses in Hollywood never say anything about these topics is because they fear for their jobs. Some folks call them cowards. Other folks are understanding that Hollywood is a business and all these actors and actresses (especially now a days) are replaceable. I am not going into where I fall on that line because I don't work in Hollywood, I don't know what it's like to be put in that kind of situation so therefore I won't comment about what I would or wouldn't do. I respect the decision of any actor/actress regardless of whether they choose to comment on it or not because again I am not going to judge someone for not saying anything because if they say something that could mean they lose their career. None of the cast were convicted of anything. So while I stand behind Munn's decision to speak out, I also stand by the people within the cast who don't want to comment. 

Having said all of this, that's what makes what Munn did more admirable. She knows exactly what the consequences of her actions are and she still wants to do what she believes is the right thing. Those of you bringing up Bryan Singer are getting really annoying. Like I always say, people grow and change. Maybe several years ago, Munn looked the other way because she wanted to keep her career but today she realizes that keeping her career isn't worth her silence on these matters. That does not make her a hypocrite. It means she has changed her perspective on certain topic matters, which is something all human beings should be doing as we grow older and gain more experience. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I didn't follow this situation cause I'm not interested in Predator remake and have no clue who this actress is, but I just want to clarify whether Black's friend actually assaulted someone during the shoot or this controversy is "he could've had but didn't" in which case it makes no sense to me to bring it into the public eye so close to the premiere and not while the shoot was still on and danger of repeated offense hadn't passed. I'm confused so please explain what's going on.

Olivia Munn found out back in August that she was in a scene with a registered sex offender. She went to Fox and told them because she doesnt want to be associated with someone like that. They removed the scene from the film. The media now picked up on it and that's why it's being discussed. She didn't know and neither did Fox while the shoot was on going. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Olivia Munn found out back in August that she was in a scene with a registered sex offender. She went to Fox and told them because she doesnt want to be associated with someone like that. They removed the scene from the film. The media now picked up on it and that's why it's being discussed. She didn't know and neither did Fox while the shoot was on going. 

Ok, so she went to Fox privately and since they removed the scene  she didn't go to the media, correct? Than why is she boycotted by the cast if the media found out about it some other way and are now sabotaging the movie?