CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I sort of am into those things, but movies are like 50% of my life.

Not everyone talks movies the way we talk movies. But, people know who the big stars are. They like to argue which movies are better and which ones sucked. They like going to opening night for a movie they think is an event movie. They like to know who is dating who. They watch the Academy Awards. It's a safe topic that if someone talks to you about it, you'll feel very comfortable discussing it.

• Like 3

I don't, but I don't want people to know just what a pathetic sack of shit I really am. So I tell them I like literature, music and cycling.

Jack movies made over 10 billion at NA box office. Who knows how much WW and then count ppv and such. That's a lot of pathetic sacks of shit as you say.
  • Like 3

Love it 

Holding up far better this weekend was Disney's Maleficent, which was down just 36 percent to round out this weekend's top five with an estimated $8.24 million. In the process the 3D fantasy blockbuster starring Angelina Jolie surpassed the $200 million domestic milestone this weekend. Maleficent has grossed $201.87 million in 31 days and is very likely to continue holding up well going forward.

Maleficent is the highest grossing Angelina Jolie live-action film of all-time domestically, overseas, and globally. The film grossed $16 million in its fifth weekend overseas at 54 territories, bringing its cume outside North America up to $383.7 million and registering a $585.7 million total worldwide. Mexico continues its stellar performance, leading all oversas markets with a $42.8 million tally. China and Russia are reporting cumes of $38.7 and $36.3 million, respectively. The film expands to Japan, its final market, next weekend.

Haters and naysayers are off licking their wounds. 

Posted Image

• Like 3

I feel yah. I even wanted to pursue a career as a singer at one point.

Tell me about it. In life, all I've wanted to do was:

Professional Chef

Own a restaurant

Direct movies

Write movies

Star in movies

Sing professionally

Go on Broadway

Be the next Ben Affleck

Be the next Seth Rogen

always changing :P

There's nothing to do but watch The World's End and get drunk.

Fantastic movie.

• Like 3

I even tell people I post on a box office forum...I see nothing wrong.Heck, I even consider a few people here friends.

I might even consider a few people here my bros.

• Like 1

If it reaches 80-100M in Japan, 40-60+ M in UK, Germany 40-50+M.... You got to be kidding.. With 270-300+M in China...

It could definitely hit 1B  OS.. Tons of territorries left to super perform in. Just  because you dont want Optimus Prime to be that big Empire bud, doesnt mean it wont conquer everything  this year.,

Avatar made 2 billion OS and far less expanded market...Of course its one of the best movies of all time and boasts the best movie experience of all time as well, but still till we see its max with the other big markets. 900M-1B OS is in the cards.

As China could hit 300M , Japan could hit over a 100, , Germany will give us 40-60M... :) I like Optimus's chances.

1B WW a near lock..Damn!!

There's no way it does $100 million+ in Japan.  That'd be the combined totals of the past 3 films. :-P

The franchise isn't very big here.  With a much less favorable exchange rate this year, even matching TF3's gross would get it just above $40 million.  And TF3 benefited greatly from the 3D boom of 2010/2011.  Shares have dropped from 70/80% to 20/30% since then for just about every film. 

Edited by Corpse
  • Like 1

It's a shit, embarrassing pasttime. A person whose hobby is movies has no life and spends most of his time indoors looking at a flickering screen. Or at least that's the mental image I get from it.

Most hobbies are misunderstood from an outsider view.It doesn't mean you should value the outsider's view over your own.
  • Like 3

Tell me about it. In life, all I've wanted to do was:

Professional Chef

Own a restaurant

Direct movies

Write movies

Star in movies

Sing professionally

Go on Broadway

Be the next Ben Affleck

Be the next Seth Rogen

always changing :P