BobbyJohn

By The Sea | Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt (Nov 13)

She's probably quite happy with the way her life and career are going. We are selfish and want her in everything, being badass and powerful because we love her!!! But I hope that whatever she ends up doing, she is happy.

I know. I'm being a total brat about her career choices. Clearly she prefers motherhood, her humanitarian work, and directing serious films over acting in popcorn flicks.

In any case, I'm frothing at the mouth to see her playing this dramatic role in By the Sea. I hope it succeeds.

• Like 1

SlayDIM, what makes you think Jolie the actress is near retiring ?

I don't get the gloom & doom...

I mean, she's acted in one movie in the past 5 years.

I don't think she'll retire...but she's not gonna act in much. She wants to direct. And...that's...kinda working.

SlayDIM, what makes you think Jolie the actress is near retiring ?

I don't get the gloom & doom...

Every interview she's ever given since Wanted, she talks about how she doesn't like acting anymore and wants to retire. And since she started directing, even more so.

Plus, just look at her output. 2 movies in '08, 2 movies in 2010, one in 2014 (that's a 4 year gap for those counting) and one this year. And after By the Sea, she has nothing on the slate as an actress. We won't see her on screen again until 2017 the earliest.

• Like 1

Every interview she's ever given since Wanted, she talks about how she doesn't like acting anymore and wants to retire. And since she started directing, even more so.

Plus, just look at her output. 2 movies in '08, 2 movies in 2010, one in 2014 (that's a 4 year gap for those counting) and one this year. And after By the Sea, she has nothing on the slate as an actress. We won't see her on screen again until 2017 the earliest.

Yeah, she's not going to be in much.

But, she's a fucking star regardless...so when she does, and it's called Maleficent 2...it'll make money regardless if it's any good.

And even though her directorial movies haven't lived up, I appreciate she's doing interesting movies, even if they're not great. So keep at it Jolie.

I admire your aspirations.

I agree. I'm proud of her for her choices as a director. If you believe the reports she could have directed (and probably starred in?) Captain Marvel but instead she decides to make a straight to Netflix film about the Cambodian civil war. That's pretty badass any way you cut it. :)

It kind of is.

Well and, nothing she's done makes me think she'd nail Captain Marvel anyways, so...win win!