BobbyJohn

By The Sea | Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt (Nov 13)

I could see that, I guess. It is one of my favorite trailers of the year. I think Angie and Brad look great and it really seems like the first time Jolie has showed off her directing prowess. There is some really gorgeous stuff in there. 

These mega powerful superstars can stand some laughs coming their way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess this screened for HFPA members recently. Not much out there but a couple of twitter reactions make it sound... Interesting? Maybe not the trainwreck you're all hoping for? Guess we'll know for sure next week.   

@nepalesruben: By the Sea is #AngelinaJolie's ode to 70s European cinema & she herself evokes Sophia Loren; #BradPitt at his best. 

‏@nepalesruben 1h1 hour ago
In #ByTheSea, #AngelinaJolie pays homage to 70s European films so it's deliberately languid, sometimes erotic.

mariaestevez ‏@mariateam 5h5 hours ago - I watched today #BytheSea very curious about what film critics have to say. Love can be a kinky business

I am certainly rooting for Angie.

The trailer looks interesting to me (musical choice is quite solid and atypical), and I appreciate the fact that she basically tells nothing about what the film is about. Sure, I can see how annoying that could be, but I'd rather have this than a trailer that is a condensed version of the entire movie.

After the commercially successful but artistically underwhelming Unbroken, I'd love if this film were a critics' darling (even if turned out to be a box office flop).

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1