#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

Anyone remember when Craig Kilborn hosted The Daily Show?

That show is so synonymous with Stewart, it might put some young people in shock if they knew he wasn't on the show from its...inception*.

*My subliminal Nolanite message of the day.

• Like 2

There's a bit of world-building, but I have faith in the cast the both Lawrences that the movie version will be EPIC. I mean, CF's first bit of chapters were about 'eh'...

I love Francis and Jenifer so much. by the way do I deserve 1 bajilion likes?

• Like 2

Hmm... this DVD of The Abyss has both the Theatrical version and the Special Edition. Which should I watch?

Hmm, if it were Star Wars I would say Theatrical. No idea on Abyss, though.

• Like 1

Hmm... this DVD of The Abyss has both the Theatrical version and the Special Edition. Which should I watch?

Special Edition. It restores the severely truncated third act and adds some nice characterization throughout. By far the most essential of Cameron's extended editions.

The theatrical edition came out when studios were really wary of releasing action/adventures longer than 2.5 hours (or even that long). So Cameron ended up taking out some scenes that were relatively important to the big reveal at the end.... partially because the movie was too long, and partially because the VFX weren't yet completely on them and would've driven the movie even more over-budget.

As soon as you finish watching the SE, watch the documentary on how they made it. It's one of the best out there, and is (mostly) a no-holds-barred look at one of the more insane productions ever.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

Special Edition. It restores the severely truncated third-act and adds some nice characterization throughout. By far the most essential of Cameron's extended editions.

Extended Cameron wankery it is!

(Aside, what's your opinion on the Aliens extended edition?)

• Like 1

Being cute comes naturally to me I don't have to try.

Would 2 bajillion be pushing it?

Ooooooh, very smooth B)

Oh, you need to do 2 bajillion. Bajillion for me is an infanity amount of points, so as you can see it's tough for me to give those out ^_^  But I WOULD totally give you 2 bajillion if you'd like :P

• Like 2

Special Edition. It restores the severely truncated third-act and adds some nice characterization throughout. By far the most essential of Cameron's extended editions.

Oh yeah, gotta go Special Edition on this one.  All the fucking way.

Where's by blu Cameron??!?!

• Like 3