BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

'Massive sums' is a stretch for NA, but I never really doubted its chances at a billion. How's it doing elsewhere?

$100M (fudged it may be) isn't a massive sum? Also, in this somewhat depressed summer, $10M+ Monday and Tuesday is pretty strong.I heard that it's box office was depressed in other territories on opening weekend but I don't know what it's current performance is like...
  • Like 3

I love the poster of Will Smith unshaven with a beanie. The concept had so much more potential though. It was R-rated wasn't it? Seems like I am not able to post the poster. Oh well.

It was PG-13 but it came pretty damn close to an R-rating.The original script was a hard-R though.
  • Like 4

The Hunger Games was a stronger movie than Catching Fire though.IMHO, Catching Fire is one of those movies that folks convinced themselves was great even before they watched it.CF was a good movie but it wasn't great. At all.

You've got Hunger Games and Catching Fire backwards. I went into CF without really digging the first one.
  • Like 4

The Hunger Games was a stronger movie than Catching Fire though.IMHO, Catching Fire is one of those movies that folks convinced themselves was great even before they watched it.CF was a good movie but it wasn't great. At all.

Hated Hunger Games with passion. Loved Catching Fire.

• Like 2

The midnight number for Tammy seems pretty strong considering it was a Tuesday night and not a holiday yet in the US and the movie was barely advertised. If this can hit 50M over the extended 5 day run, or even 40M, that is a big victory for McCarthy.

• Like 2

So?

So why would you care if it has similar themes to a film that came out so long ago?  

They say there are really only 7 ideas to be made in Hollywood.  These ideas get recycled over and over again.  It's the execution of the film that matters and Fault is very well executed.

• Like 1

I'm still looking for what was so great about Catching Fire. It bored me out of my mind.

Hancock featured one of the most underrated superhero theme ever made.

haha I really like that score! Makes me want to watch the movie again just to see how it was used...nah.

It was PG-13 but it came pretty damn close to an R-rating.The original script was a hard-R though.

Ah yeah. I vaguely remember this. Is the R-rated script online?

• Like 2

I love the poster of Will Smith unshaven with a beanie. The concept had so much more potential though. It was R-rated wasn't it?

Seems like I am not able to post the poster. Oh well.

It was PG-13. I also like the poster and the idea of the film in general. As far as I know, Hancock is the only big superhero movie which is not based on a comic book character.

Edit: Deathlife beat me to it with the rating. :D

Edited by miketheavenger
  • Like 2

There was a scene where he is banging a chick and his orgasm is so hard that it blows the roof off the trailer he is staying in.  That was obviously cut from the pg-13 film.  :)

• Like 3

Is TFIOS really that good? I can't help thinking that it looks like a remake of Love Story (1970).

TFIOS is a full-on cancer movie. It doesn't shy away from it (doesn't exploit it either). Love Story, while watchable, almost felt like it glamorized it and only briefly dealt with it in the last act. The cancer in Love Story was just a plot device for the gorgeous girl to die (while still looking gorgeous) at the end. 

Edited by MaleficentKilledGodzilla
  • Like 2

I haven't seen Love Story but I seriously doubt there is a part in Love Story where the couple goes to Amsterdam to meet up with a famous author.

• Like 2

haha I really like that score! Makes me want to watch the movie again just to see how it was used...nah.  Ah yeah. I vaguely remember this. Is the R-rated script online?

Can't really remember but I do remember reading it back then (I think it was on aintitcool or something).
  • Like 1