#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Only cost 20m.

Yeah, it's going to turn a profit by the end of this weekend. Considering the combo of weak ads and the poor reviews, the fact that this will still make $70M+ shows McCarthy has nothing to worry about, for now at least.

The man can't do an accent to save his life.

Which makes it even better. I'm still not 100% sure what his accent was supposed to be in Maleficent. Fookin' prawn
  • Like 4

The man can't do an accent to save his life.

His oddball Southern-something accent in A-Team was strangely on-point and fit the kooky character.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 4

So women go to certain movies they know they won't like out of desperation but men go to crappy movies like TASM2 or Transformers out of love of said movies ?

He doesn't know what he's saying. He's probably "hurt" because Maleficent, the "crappy chick flick that women liked out of desperation" outperformed, Godzilla, "the awesome film that everyone just loved."  ;)

Maleficent works. It's flawed but it works b/c Jolie is great and the audience ends up caring about Maleficent and her journey to revenge/redemption. It has heart and it works where it matters.People like the movie. Accept it and move on.

He won't. He'll say that the audience cared about Mal out of desperation and due to a lack of other "better" films.

What Disney has coming in 2nd half of 2014? They sure love to pair hits wit flops. Gotta have some 200-million stinker to take away all the money they made on Cap, X and Malf

Their only somewhat risky movie this year is GOTG. They seem to have become wiser/ chosen safer routes.

I haven't seen EOT or 22JSBut if I don't even count Snowpiercer so far this summer I have loved Godzilla, DOFP, Fault, and Httyd2 plus I enjoyed Neighbors.Only movies I thought were crap were Tasm2, Maleficent, and Million ways to die, and even those three duds were better than the duds we got last year by this point (gag Hangover 3, After Earth, Now You See Me, Great Gatsby, Man of Steal Your Money, White House Down, and that was just pre-June before the really terrible duds showed up)

Lolwut?