#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

IMO, it's very awkward to arbitrarily try to restrict something like this. Personally, I'd like to appeal to everyone to think for a moment about the GIF you're posting. Is it really worthwhile? Are you just trolling for likes? (The like system, which I think is great, has also been really abused lately. Really, does it matter that much how many likes you have? The purpose of a "like", in theory, is so you can indicate you approve or enjoy a particular post -- simply trolling away begging for them in every thread is a total abuse of the system.)

I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone. But as a community, we should all take a bit of responsibility to step back and stop the constant derailment.

• Like 13

How many times do I have to say it?  I don't care if it's a Jolie gif or a gif from any movie.  If it's random, it's not necessary.  This has nothing to do with what the gif is, just that there are too many gifs being posted that don't add to the conversation.

No need to get angry with me Baumer.  I'm just letting you know how I feel about it.

You keep using Maleficent as an example. I'm just giving you more examples. If you don't like I'm sorry but that's how I feel.

I'm done now.

We found a used tampon on the carpet in high school near the principles office. Not sure if prank or some girl was just that nasty.

I would be banned even if I used spoiler tags. That's nothing compared to what I saw when I stumbled into my bathroom hours later.

In honor of what Telemachos just said, I'm really curious to see what kind of uptick Apes seeing when Tuesday numbers surface. I wonder if it can jump all the way over $9M. If so, that's a fantastic early sign.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

No need to get angry with me Baumer.  I'm just letting you know how I feel about it.

You keep using Maleficent as an example. I'm just giving you more examples. If you don't like I'm sorry but that's how I feel.

I'm done now.

I'm not using Maleficent as an example.  I'm using gifs as an example.

Return of the King is just too dam long. It drags in the middle. The Two Towers kills RotK in the emotional and story department.

I got the feeling that the TTT is way to fast, rushed like hell. And even Rotk was rushed a bit to much. That's why I only check them in extended edition. They are far more intresting, more conversations and more MIDDLE EARTH in it. 

But if was peter Jackson I would make an extended version of 6 hours each. Just for the hard core fans like me XD

Btw, why is everyone talking about LOTR and gitfs??

:P

How many times do I have to say it?  I don't care if it's a Jolie gif or a gif from any movie.  If it's random, it's not necessary.  This has nothing to do with what the gif is, just that there are too many gifs being posted that don't add to the conversation.

And random stuff like some bus incident is necessary on a box office thread?

#Hypocrisy

• Like 1

FWIW, I don't usually have a problem with load times on my phone at all, and it's a couple of years old. But page-loads depend on a great many things, including network latency, bandwidth, and how many people are accessing the cell network in the area. Load times in downtown Manhattan are probably lousy, I'm sure.

IMO, it's very awkward to arbitrarily try to restrict something like this. Personally, I'd like to appeal to everyone to think for a moment about the GIF you're posting. Is it really worthwhile? Are you just trolling for likes? (The like system, which I think is great, has also been really abused lately. Really, does it matter that much how many likes you have? The purpose of a "like", in theory, is so you can indicate you approve or enjoy a particular post -- simply trolling away begging for them in every thread is a total abuse of the system.)

I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone. But as a community, we should all take a bit of responsibility to step back and stop the constant derailment.

Hear hear.

#Hypocrisy

Why are you targeting baumer here? He's the one who's been most critical of derailments in general, and his bus post was basically succumbing to all the rest of us going off-topic.

Lighten up on him.

• Like 9

IMO, it's very awkward to arbitrarily try to restrict something like this. Personally, I'd like to appeal to everyone to think for a moment about the GIF you're posting. Is it really worthwhile? Are you just trolling for likes? (The like system, which I think is great, has also been really abused lately. Really, does it matter that much how many likes you have? The purpose of a "like", in theory, is so you can indicate you approve or enjoy a particular post -- simply trolling away begging for them in every thread is a total abuse of the system.) I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone. But as a community, we should all take a bit of responsibility to step back and stop the constant derailment.

If likes are restricked why should gif's not be?

#Hypocrisy

It's not hypocrisy.

Are you looking for trouble here Daddy?  Cause you just seem like you're here to stir the pot.  For a new user to come in here and rock the boat so quickly, it's sure strange.

If likes are restricked why should gif's not be?

The restriction on likes is so lax it's basically limitless. The only person who run into the limit are those who're basically trolling the system.

I have no idea whether the forum software is capable of limiting the number of GIFs you post... especially since not all embedded images are animated.

• Like 1

Not saying this with any sarcasm, but are there any numbers in this thread? If so, can someone repost if they can conveniently do so. Very curious to see these.

Apes 8.2

Trans 4: 2.0

Tammy:  1.7

• Like 1

Not saying this with any sarcasm, but are there any numbers in this thread? If so, can someone repost if they can conveniently do so. Very curious to see these.

None except what Rth gave us last night.

• Like 1

Why are you targeting baumer here? He's the one who's been most critical of derailments in general, and his bus post was basically succumbing to all the rest of us going off-topic.

Lighten up on him.

Think again! I'm the one who's being targeted.

ECSTASY thanks for standing up with/for me! :)