CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Apes 2 - 6.64M (Spatula) | All Numbers in the First Post | NO DERAILMENTS

Jason Segel fetish fans rejoice! Sony's SEX TAPE downloads in 3,062 grindhouses this weekend--$25M, over or under?

THE PURGE: ANARCHY begins its hunt in 2,805 venues--$32M over or under?

• Like 2

Jason Segel fetish fans rejoice! Sony's SEX TAPE downloads in 3,062 grindhouses this weekend--$25M, over or under?

THE PURGE: ANARCHY begins its hunt in 2,805 venues--$32M over or under?

What did the last one open with?

• Like 1

Well.That's a shitty number for Apes.What else is really new this summer.

Lets hope they save all their money for Novembre and Decembre so the HG and TH could go creazy XD + Interstellar ofc!!

• Like 2

Maleficent is fucking insane. -13% drop. Damn, no words. Great legs.

Some of the best drops I've seen a summer blockbuster have in a long time. Maybe it's happened more often but I haven't been active. It could make $240m yet.

• Like 4

DEADLINE:

This is going to be a wild box office ride as three of the films are tracking in a similar range. Apes is on track to take in around $32M to $34M, depending on the percentage fall followed by the Universal/Blumhouse horror flick The Purge: Anarchy which is on track to come in second, Sony’s R-rated comedy starring Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel, Sex Tape may come in third and Disney/Pixar’s Planes: Fire & Rescue looks to come in fourth. That’s how it looks for the moment.

• Like 1

Maleficent$787,826-19.7% / -13%$224,486,306 / 48Look at that -13% Wed-Wed drop.

Maleficent has finally passed OZ after trailing it by 10M+ on OW and it's looking very likely to beat 234M+ total of OZ. 240M is definitely possible. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

$34.1M

34m.

34m, but the Purge 2 has actually been tracking fairly strongly.

Thanks guys. So I guess an over 30m opening is not out of the question for Purge 2.

• Like 1

I saw this a second time with about 8 of my friends, and they all though it was ok to good. They did not think this was amazing is the slightest. Personally I gave this a B+

I think this will settle at the bottom of the top 250 with an 8.1

People seem to really love it. But, yes, my own small sample size of friends that I caught it with thought it was average to adequate. No raves. But, that's neither here nor there. Generally speaking, I think audiences really dig it.

• Like 1