CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

this may make less than last one domestic

150m domestic

350m os

fanboys may hate these movies, but kids may still like them similar to those awful Chipmunks movies, enough for a trilogy and setup for GI JOE vs Transformers vs TMNT film

You're probably partially correct.

Except...any day of the week...I'd rather watch this ninja turtles movie over even a minute of those god Awful Chipmunk movies.

This was stupid, but fun. Those Chipmunk movies? Oh god.

• Like 2

You're probably partially correct.

Except...any day of the week...I'd rather watch this ninja turtles movie over even a minute of those god Awful Chipmunk movies.

This was stupid, but fun. Those Chipmunk movies? Oh god.

TMNT is a minor miracle the more I think about it. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but the movie was practically a bunch of scenes rescued through reshoots, editing and ADR and stuck to the rest of the movie using duct tape.

It is truly amazing it ended up as legible as it did in the end and more so that it made as much as it did despite a completely torturous journey to the screen with the internet hating literally everything about the movie sight unseen.

• Like 3

TMNT is a minor miracle the more I think about it. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but the movie was practically a bunch of scenes rescued through reshoots, editing and ADR and stuck to the rest of the movie using duct tape.

It is truly amazing it ended up as legible as it did in the end and more so that it made as much as it did despite a completely torturous journey to the screen with the internet hating literally everything about the movie sight unseen.

Yup, but it was fun. Completely retarded, but it got the characters right...and it was fun.

The fact that is watchable makes me bump my grade. Seriously. All hail Michael Bay. He was surely behind the editing of this movie.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I never watched the first one, did Shredformer still show up?

Yes, but it wasn't Shredformer i.e. not a robot through the magic of ADR and editing. Pretty clear it was supposed to be a robot but reshoots meant that the biggest thing people would have complained about was retooled completely.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

There are gonna be like a dozen trailers "with" Star Wars, many won't get the air time the studios are looking for

After Civil War and Jungle Book which will be Disney's attachments, the other 3-4 trailers will come down to the theaters. Theaters will most likely go to promote movies closer to release and ones they feel go better with Star Wars. I would say BvS, Apocalypse and Independence Day 2 are pretty much locks to be shown by every theater since BvS is just 3 months later, Apocalypse seems like it would get the most buzz, and ID4-2 shares the nostalgia franchise comeback narrative. 

I would not be surprised if theaters programmed trailers for January, February and March releases instead of summer releases either. They want to drive traffic to the movies at that time and not 6 months down the line.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

After Civil War and Jungle Book which will be Disney's attachments, the other 3-4 trailers will come down to the theaters. Theaters will most likely go to promote movies closer to release and ones they feel go better with Star Wars. I would say BvS, Apocalypse and Independence Day 2 are pretty much locks to be shown by every theater since BvS is just 3 months later, Apocalypse seems like it would get the most buzz, and ID4-2 shares the nostalgia franchise comeback narrative. 

I would not be surprised if theaters programmed trailers for January, February and March releases instead of summer releases either. They want to drive traffic to the movies at that time and not 6 months down the line.

It's all going to come down to how many trailers your theater typically shows before a movie. If they only show 10 minutes or so expect to miss a lot. BVS should be a lock for pretty much every theater unless management is really stupid. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's all going to come down to how many trailers your theater typically shows before a movie. If they only show 10 minutes or so expect to miss a lot. BVS should be a lock for pretty much every theater unless management is really stupid. 

Most theaters I have been to in SoCal (apart from Landmark and Arclight) typically show around 20 minutes of trailers. Landmark and Arclight are around 10. 20 minutes = 7 to 8 trailers, 10 minutes = 4 trailers.