CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

The critic reviews didn't seem to hurt it last time, 22%/51% at RT and cleaning up with $191m/$493mWW

They are a hot property with a ratings success cartoon at Nickelodeon, comic series at IDW(on #57) and this films first entry.

I don't think anyone pretends it's a well written piece of drama with a deep story to tell. Most of the people bitching the loudest don't realize that it's one of the few comic book properties to film actually targeting the tween set. They aren't targeting the BvS demo who want it dark and serious. 

One day I'd love to get a TMNT film that does reflect the intended serious tone as started by Eastman&Laird in those early years of the Mirage run. Instead we largely keep getting variations of the 90's cartoon and Archie comic series. Lighthearted, funny, a bit irreverent with just a touch of maturity and darkness when the story suits the purpose. 

They're just tickling all my Ninja Turtle nostalgia buttons here.  Looking forward to this.  One movie where I'm not gonna really be dissuaded by probably inevitable bad reviews...I even liked the last one.  Sue me.

• Like 5

A lot of people are calling for a sizable decrease, but I dont see why.

The last one was a surprise hit. Not many saw it sniffing $200M, if anyone at all. This one will be fine. Reviews obviously wont matter.

• Like 2

I liked the latest trailer.  I somewhat liked the first one and this looks better so it looks like I finally have a movie to slightly look forward to for the summer :)