Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Quite frankly, this film is one of those bizarre ones with the possibility of as low as 200 to as high as like 450. I wouldn't be getting box office hopes too high if I were anyone. I think there's a very real scenario where this could be a bit of a box office dud, even if it's well liked. Finding the audience for this could be the toughest of any of their sequels yet. 

Edited by MovieMan89

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Quite frankly, this film is one of those bizarre ones with the possibility of as low as 200 to as high as like 450. I wouldn't be getting box office hopes too high if I were anyone. I think there's a very real scenario where this could be a bit of a box office dud, even if it's well liked. Finding the audience for this could be the toughest of any of their sequels yet. 

It's a superhero film, so there's definitely an audience for it. The question now, is whether or not it'll actually be good or even as good as the original. That should play a major factor in how well it performs obviously.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Dark Rock said:

I think the sequel is coming way too late and have lost some novelty and hype factor of the original...so can't get big numbers if its mediocre and needs to be as good and fun as the original on its own

... kinda like Finding Dory? And look what that did. Toy Story 3 also came out 9 years after 2, and look what that did. Don't ever underestimate Pixar + nostalgia. It HAS to be good, mind you, but if it is, it'll explode. Superhero movie mania right now will only make something like this more anticipated. Plus, no other Pixar movie has actually had anywhere as most demand for a sequel as Incredibles, even if Incredibles may not be the most popular or the best selling of them all, but it's still a very cherished and beloved movie among Pixar's prime.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

When we will see a trailer?

Coco. Or if Disney plays it smart maybe Rangarok. Or if they want to elevate the hype train release it with Ninjago.

• Like 1

Incredibles was released 14 years ago, in CGI animation,  that s another era all together when you had 2 or 3 of these movies released per year now you have around 6-8.

You shouldn't take Nemo and Toy Story as examples as they are by far the two most beloved properties of the Pixar catalogue.

Incredibles is beloved and has a fanbase, the question is :

- how big that fanbase is and how has it evolved in 14 years ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

The demand for a sequel I think is big and passionate enough that this can outdo the first movie's adjusted gross, but it's not going to challenge Finding Dory. Absolute best-case scenario imo is matching Toy Story 3's adjusted gross.

“It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on,” Lasseter said, adding that only “a minute” will have passed between the first and second Incredibles. “It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where start this movie.”

That doesn't mean we won't see them as grown ups, right? I mean, it can be a flashback scene.

13 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Damn...I wanted a grown up Jack-Jack...

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

“It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on,” Lasseter said, adding that only “a minute” will have passed between the first and second Incredibles. “It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where start this movie.”

That doesn't mean we won't see them as grown ups, right? I mean, it can be a flashback scene.

There could easily be a time jump in the film just like there was a 15-year gap near the start of the first one.