Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

IDK, it feels pretty stupid to call one movie generation defining and not the other. Nemo was more popular from a merchandising standpoint, but there was only a 70M gap between the two movies. I am somewhat biased as The Incredibles meant a lot to me when I was younger and I'm just as excited for this as I was with TFA.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I'm quite happy about this since this means development of Incredibles 2 is probably going really well.

Summer 2018 is probably one of the most packed summer in terms of guaranteed heavy hitters with JW2, Avengers 3, Han Solo, many others... and now this, with HTTYD3 and SLOP 2 as other animated competitors, whichever Pixar film gets released on this date (TS4 or this), I don't know if their box office potential can be maximized. 

It should be fine in its spot. It has a month before SLOP 2 hits. I'm much more worried about HTTYD 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

They must be having some serious issues with TS4.  Second time it's been delayed a year 

Definitely. Thinking it's probably that rumored "director booted off a sequel" from Cartoon Brew a couple weeks ago

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

feels like ur projecting. incredibles never was as ubiquitous as nemo had maintained itself to be.

Agreed; still, this has been a more asked for sequel. Not Dory numbers, but I could see it breaking 110M OW and 425M DOM

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Definitely. Thinking it's probably that rumored "director booted off a sequel" from Cartoon Brew a couple weeks ago

I have a feeling that Toy Story 4 is going to have an awkward making of story. That rumor specified a "beloved series", btw.

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If this is good, it might be the first time a movie and its sequel won the Best Animated Feature Oscar.

Animated movies scheduled for 2018 so far.

01.12 SHERLOCK GNOMES | Paramount

02.09 UNTITLED WB ANIMATION | Warner Brothers

02.16 LARRIKINS | Universal

03.09 WRECK-IT RALPH II | Disney

03.23 ANUBIS | Fox

03.23 PETER RABBIT | Sony

05.18 UNTITLED LAIKA PRODUCTION | Focus

06.15 THE INCREDIBLES II | Disney

07.13 THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS II | Universal

09.21 HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA III | Sony

09.21 SCOOBY DOO | Warner Brothers

11.09 DR. SEUSS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS | Universal

11.23 GIGANTIC | Disney

12.21 ANIMATED SPIDER-MAN | Sony

---

Not sure if ANUBIS is happening.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why would this make as much as Dory? Lol

? Of course it won't. Dory's domestic pull was insane, and the orignal Incredibles did about two-thirds of Finding Nemo domestically.* 

Nevermind. That's with the 3D rerelease.

Edited by elcaballero

On 2016-10-27 at 0:24 AM, Blankments said:

Wasn't Lasseter himself supposed to direct Toy Story 4?

LOL this will be huge. Incredibles is massively popular. Maybe not as much as Dory but it will definitely be big if done right. The only thing is with how common super hero movies are these days might makes it not as anticipated. 

• Like 2

Just now, ban1o said:

LOL this will be huge. Incredibles is massively popular. Maybe not as much as Dory but it will definitely be big if done right. The only thing is with how common super hero movies are these days might makes it not as anticipated. 

The superhero mania will only make it more popular IMO

• Like 2