70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Inventive visuals and sets as usual with Besson, and a pretty Heroine, but gets dragged down by the borderline demented plot/premise. Mind, it starts out well enough, the first 15 or 20 minutes are probably the best in the movie, but afterwards it gets so ridiculous even Johanssons legs can't keep it afloat.

C+, 5/10

Worst movie of 2014, and it will probably go down as my most hated movie ever. I could tell 5 minutes in that this movie was going to be terrible just from all the random stock nature footage. But I had no idea it was going to be so deplorable. Literally the only thing in this movie worth taking a look at is Scarlett Johansson in her bra. We are subjected to random animal mating footage, disasters and a whole host of other maladies. Somehow a pill can make one defy gravity, give you knowledge you in no way possess and allow you to travel through time. Not to mention our heroin doesn't mind killing people(and maybe she enjoys it). Then we have to sit through another morgan freeman phone in performance, all while watching Lucy who is for all other intents and purposes invincible kill people with her mind. Wow wheres the tension in that? Finally this film seems to be really rascist against asians for no particular reason. 

This is the dumbest most idiotic film about a smart person ever. If you have kids or a family please don't let them watch this, they will thank you one day. 

F-      

0/10 

• Like 2

Its straight up besson firing on all cylinders which always makes for and odd but entertaining picture ...

I am not sure why this was such a huge hit I mean yeah SJ is big right now but she ain't the main reason this turned out to be a bonafide blockbuster

I guess besson can still strike a nerve and tick off audience ...

• Like 2

Its straight up besson firing on all cylinders which always makes for and odd but entertaining picture ...

I am not sure why this was such a huge hit I mean yeah SJ is big right now but she ain't the main reason this turned out to be a bonafide blockbuster

I guess besson can still strike a nerve and tick off audience ...

The premise intrigued people.

Simple as that.

Holy shit was this film stupid. I mean, I'd heard all the rumours, but nothing quite prepares you.

Given that, I'm surprised I didn't enjoy it more. It doesn't really work as an action movie, for obvious reasons, but it also never really lets Lucy play around with her powers enough to be fun either.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2