70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Re-watched this. Still the most fun I had in movies this year. There may of been 1 or 2 better movies when you talk about how well made they are, but this is undeniably the most exciting and thrilling one. Visually and story wise it's something I wish I would've created. Perfect. It leaves you with that amazing 'what if' feeling.

A+

Edited by James
  • Like 2

Pretty stupid and far fetched movie but i enjoyed it at times. That last bit of her falling backwards through time to the big bang was pretty good but a very very strange movie with no real outcome or point to the journey.

C-

Edited by Omario

Well at times I was not sure I was watching a Science documentary or a movie.

However watching any movie at home where SJO looking hot and kicking ass has a base of a C+.

The film has an interesting concept but the ending is odd, because did she become God then? 

I kind of loved this? Besson hasn't been this inspired in years. The movie's not smart there's no denying, but it's fascinating and thrilling watching what it's trying to accomplish. Johannson is fantastic as well. never really been a fan but this year I think Under the Skin and this really figured out how to put her to good use, and I don't think this works with another actress.

Just a great ride really. I'm disappointed in myself for ignoring this while it was in cinemas.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4

Considering how much kinetic energy and style that this movie had, it should have been better. If you can get past how overwhelmingly stupid this was, you'll enjoy it. But I just couldn't. The premise, the philosophy, ScarJo turning into an omnipotent computer and travelling back in time... Just so hilariously stupid. 

Just got around to watching my blu-ray and what a great fun smart little action film. Scarlett was great as usual. I kinda wish I caught this in theaters in IMAX. The scenes where she goes back in time are glorious. I'm going to give it an A, I enjoyed it a ton.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had me captivated from the beginning outside the hotel and kept me intriuged until the end where it sort of left a bad aftertaste.

I'd grade it an A if the ending was a bit tighter, but I'll go with a B since it was a solid flick for 3/4's.

Lucy is a massively enjoyable exercise in style. The concept makes little sense to begin with and makes even less sense as the film progresses, but all players involved are aware of the fact that it's all nonsense, and they roll with it in a wink-wink, nod-nod fashion that keeps the film from sinking in its own stupidity (which was the case for this year's other sci-fi techno thriller, Transcendence). Luc Besson's trademark of fast-paced and well-choreographed action sequences keeps the film moving at a quick pace, and at under 90 minutes with credits, it doesn't wear out its welcome. Best of all, Scarlett Johansson clearly has a ton of fun in the lead role, and she once again delivers the goods as a badass action heroine (something I definitely did not expect she would eventually become when I first saw her in Lost in Translation). I had a blast.

B+