70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Discuss :)

Well, I am hoping it is unbelievably great, like the first time I saw the Matrix....or even Edge of TommorrowBut in watching the trailer, I am scared as if it isn't great and very well put together, it could be a very big bust of a confusing pointless stupid movie.Ps. In Morgan I am trusting! And Scarlett J, Ms Black Widow!

This movie transcends thoughtful reaction. I have NO IDEA what I just saw. Not sure I can call it bold because it's inoffensively incomprehensible... but god damn this is a weird movie. Check it out, all of you.

• Like 8

The AV Club's review of this made me go from completely uninterested in this movie (I ignored all the trailers) to anticipating it almost with a passion. Really sucks that it'll only arrive here in September. It sounds like Besson just went batshit crazy with the premise, because why the fuck not, and I love me some inspired crazy in my action movies. 

Kind of the same way (in that not sure what I just watched), though I actually don't think I liked it. This movie was all over the place. It's a Luc Besson film via Terrence Malick and Darren Aronofsky (with a hinge of Transcendence as well of all things).

**¼/*****, (C-, 4.6/10, 2/4)

Edit: On a side note, I did like the score, so much to the point I bought when I got home.

Edited by The Movieman
  • Like 2

i enjoyed it quite a bit. The last 20 minutes definitely goes off the deep end but think about this. This is an unofficial prequel to Her. Her takes place in the future and scarlett johansson is the voice of Her. Her is Lucy.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 15

I, for the most part, enjoyed the movie.  I can see why people didn't though as I think the advertising could be taking as misleading for what the movie actually was.  However if they marketed what it really is, I don't think it would have done as well moneywise either.

As a joke, mainly the main story is: take drugs, getting smarter means you don't care about anyone and that once you get to a 100%, you turn into the trapper keeper/Cartman combo from South Park :P

But really, it was entertaining enough but nothing incredible either

B

• Like 1

Thinking about Lucy, I expected her to have more fighting skills, like the Matrix, but I guess Luc already did that with the fifth element.As the only thing she did was move people away with her mind, instead of her body and fist.