70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The AV Club's review of this made me go from completely uninterested in this movie (I ignored all the trailers) to anticipating it almost with a passion. Really sucks that it'll only arrive here in September. It sounds like Besson just went batshit crazy with the premise, because why the fuck not, and I love me some inspired crazy in my action movies. 

Lol Jake I think you will like it but this film really is batshit crazy..  I hope he gives us more with a sequel... Damn the most powerful

character ever on the big screen has become Scar Jo

• Like 1

Didnt anyone think of HER during the last shot?

Yes (High Five) Fuck... And they are thinking of a sequel.. Could it be Lucy gets pissed on what  we do with the information

she gave to us all or trys to save mankind from destruction and they figure out a way to give her trouble.

This was really good. It was off the wall and absurd but I think I get what Besson is trying to say - Lucy isn't about creating a new kind of "superhero" but it's a riff on them, it takes the traditional action/blockbuster schtick and flips it around. The "Lucy vs Bad Guy" part is insignificant compared to the questions about human evolution. There's some cliche stuff about human waste and whatnot and maybe the philosophy is only skin deep but hey at least it's different. Scarlett was fantastic, the phone call scene with her mother was highly emotional, she really hit a great balance between the human and goddess parts of her character.

A

• Like 5

I kinda have mixed feelings about this. I think it's fairly enjoyable. But it also went off some deep ends. It's just weird...Worth seeing at least once for ScarJo though. This lady is on a roll and I love that. Been a fan of her for a long time and it's great to see her maturing more and more as an actress. B

• Like 2

"That's it?" was my thought when the movie ended.  Where the film falters is her powers in the late stages of her mutation.  There was no tension, no true danger.  The audience was expected to just sit back for the last 20 minutes and enjoy the CGI light show.

I give it a C

• Like 4

I liked it quite a lot.Fast-paced thrills with barely a dull moment, with nice brain-powered eye candy and enough pseudoscience to make this one a good time at the movies.Scarlett is great, the villains and side characters have enough on-screen presence, and Besson's unconventional moments actually sat very well with me.4/5

• Like 2

I like to think that the movie sort of mocks self help ideals in finding ultimate human potential by just turning our Heroine into the universe (I think?), but the ending is so inexplicably bizarre that it becomes almost hilarious in hindsight.

• Like 3