70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

lol this was one of the most batshit crazy retarded movies I've seen in a long, long time.Unfortunately it wasn't a very good one though. It started to lose me at her phone call to her mom, and then goes into looney toons insanity at the end when she's turning into a computer and traveling back in time (though I did like the start of that sequence in NY). I didn't like the ending at all either. Cool concept, just not done very well. And I'm also sick of this we only use 10% of our brain nonsense.C-

Edited by FTF
  • Like 2

The 10% premise is pure crap so you really have to accept it in this film universe and move on if you want to enjoy the movie.

Actually we dont use alot of our brain.. Just study mind science and you will see all the abilities, psychic, able to draw

what you want to you, mold minds and  even the ability to become likely god like is all stemmed to development of the brain.

No one knows how much we use or dont use, but we could be using far less than 10% or more.... All I know mankind is not using

a worthwhile percentage of the brain, but when you work those muscles...... Oh my!!!!

:rofl:Here is but one (of many available) videos/articles debunking this myth. (And it's worth pointing out even Luc Besson doesn't believe the myth, he just thought it would make a cool story):http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/04/ted-ed-percentage-brain-richard-cytowic_n_4719173.html

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Actually we dont use alot of our brain.. Just study mind science and you will see all the abilities, psychic, able to draw

what you want to you, mold minds and even the ability to become likely god like is all stemmed to development of the brain.

No one knows how much we use or dont use, but we could be using far less than 10% or more.... All I know mankind is not using

a worthwhile percentage of the brain, but when you work those muscles...... Oh my!!!!

Posted Image

:rofl:Here is but one (of many available) videos/articles debunking this myth. (And it's worth pointing out even Luc Besson doesn't believe the myth, he just thought it would make a cool story):http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/04/ted-ed-percentage-brain-richard-cytowic_n_4719173.html

I heard him in a radio interview and I'm paraphrasing here because I can't find a transcript. "It's an interesting idea but it hasn't been proven by science. It's crap, but I like it."
  • Like 2

That was fucking crazy. This movie is really like bad in a plot sense, but in the sense where I somehow saw a movie with a lot of directorial flair with a big budget feel. The car chase was definitely the highlight and overall, the movie was always entertaining in its batshit insanity. B

• Like 1

I didn't like it.  I thought it was a bad movie and not even that entertaining.

I thought it wasn't credible, to develop superpowers once you use more of your brain.  And what happens when you reach 100% of the brain capacity, is very dissatisfying, it's like they couldn't find something good for what happens when you reach 100%.

All the "science" shots that are mixed in with the movie, was terrible.

Rating: C

• Like 1

I went and saw it again last night and, as it turns out, this is one of those movies I like even more on the 2nd viewing. I quite liked it the first time, but the 2nd time I was paying more attention to all the little details.

I really liked the quick shots at the beginning withe the Cheetas and gazelle, it fit perfectly and somehow made the scenes of Lucy getting into the clutches of the Korean mob more powerful. I'm amazed this was done for such a low budget, it has the look and feel of movies that cost more than double.

I actually looked up Luc Besson's directing history and have seen 5 of his movies, I consider 4 of them damn good or better.

La Femme Nikita

The Professional

The Fifth Element

The Family (the only turd in the punchbowl)

Lucy

• Community Manager

Just saw this. Ell oh ell... was Luc Besson trolling the universe? I haven't seen such an aggressively stupid movie in quite awhile. I like ScarJo, and I like Besson, so I didn't totally hate it, but....LOL

"It comes across, instead, as a directorial flight of fancy, an imaginatively goofy take on an already goofy idea, exaggerated by Besson’s blunt style and an uncommonly fast pace."-http://www.avclub.com/review/luc-bessons-lucy-pure-lunacy-207246

Fucking insane and the last 15-20 minutes completely go all out and Besson doesn't give a shit. He wants to go to the deep of the premise. He wants to go to the deep of crazyness. 

What I understood in the end was that she was able to jump through time and absorb all knowledge. She gives a pen with the information to Morgan Freeman and she is now a Goddess. Basically what Johnny Depp was in Transcendence. 

• Like 2

Fucking insane and the last 15-20 minutes completely go all out and Besson doesn't give a shit. He wants to go to the deep of the premise. He wants to go to the deep of crazyness. 

What I understood in the end was that she was able to jump through time and absorb all knowledge. She gives a pen with the information to Morgan Freeman and she is now a Goddess. Basically what Johnny Depp was in Transcendence. 

But not

hiding in a drop of water at the end

Not what I expected and not really in a good way. I didn't really find it entertaining bar a few scenes like the car chase. Started off strong but the last 10 -15 was subpar and I didn't feel satisfied with the 100% or the time travel sequence. I did like Johansson in the lead and the French cop. It had potential. B-

Edited by Breakspear

I didn't mind the time and distance traveling bit, but I was put off a bit by the inconsistency. When Lucy suddenly  shoots over to the Eiffel Tower nobody bats an eye at a gorgeous woman in a chair suddenly appearing, same thing with when she is suddenly in NY, and even more shockingly when she goes back to 18th century NY, nobody even glances in her direction, but the Native Americans, the original Lucy and the dinosaur all see her and react to her presence.

I get that. First I thought she was just seeing it not actually in that moment. Then the original Lucy reacts to her and I was like wow ok, she is in the past. 

Also she could've easily stopped all the Korean (I think) drug guys instead of asking the police to do it and going on a little time travel trip, leaving a lot of them to die.