Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I hope GotG has an opening > TASM 2 OW so that TASM 2 can have the lowest superhero opening of the year.  B)

Lowest opening and worst legs, the double whammy

• Like 1

i give up. Marvel comics rules the world. What a disgrace that number is. Cannot believe that many people like to see this piece of crap looking movie

So when will you be giving us your review baumer?

If this movie does 80 m OW, the trades will write about what a huge success it is and rightfully so.

This forum will be crying in its collective beer though. WHAT A FLOP! lol.

Eh, only a couple people will. Im not sure anyone seriously expects 100 or whatever.

Cap 2 was also a direct sequel to one movie and a sort-of sequel to another, while also being a sequel in another sense as a new entry in the MCU. Guardians is only a sequel in that loose sense as part of the MCU.

To be fair, the only people going to see this movie's at midnight are the ones who see this as part of the MCU. Cap 2 and GOTG's midnight shows probably attended by the same people.

Even if Guardians has the same preview/midnight to OD Ratio than TDKR (which is very unlikely), it will still have a 28m opening day. That would pretty much lock 75m for the weekend.

Yeah, I don't see it being that frontloaded. That would be an insane jump from previous MCU films.

• Like 1