Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

From what I've been hearing on various forums is that the movie is not good, average at best. They better hope WOM doesn't spread through the net.

I've heard some good feedbacks as well so it depends on where're we looking. :lol:

I'm going to judge it's quality with my own eyes but quality aside I think Slone deserves to have some success from this movie at least for the sake of EX4. Like it or not the movie is one of it's kind at the moment.

• Like 1

38m

33m

23m ?

How are they predicting 94m if it gets a 33m Saturday, Gitesh and RTH wrong maybe

Probably came in lower on Saturday.

• Like 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Brown may be Soul Brother No. 1, but he managed only No. 3 on the box office charts as GET ON UP debuted w/ $14M.</p>&mdash; Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) <a href="

3, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 2

Opening higher than CA2 would be kinda crazy. Honestly, seeing it opening higher than Thor 2 is kinda amazing tbh. Chris Hemsworth is probably not happy. Thor 2 easily had the worst marketing campaign of the 3 (weaker OW), and many didn't liked it (weak WOM). Plus, it faced Queen Katniss. There is that for him. CA2 and GotG faced none of those things. 

Thor's problem is, for starters, they need to get rid of the Jane character. She has got to be the worst love interest in the CBM world right now. She's blah. Then, they need to start focusing more on his three buddies, because they have a pretty big following too. I say next Thor movie, do what Guardians or the Avengers did, give equal shine time and focus time to all four of the Asgardians. Forget about Jane and her college colleagues.

• Like 7

Damn another damn flop for the Rock... Did anyone see Hercules... It looked horrible to me in the trailers.

I was turned off the movie the second I saw The Rock in a picture sporting the Lion head. I don't care if it's fake, I am not one for movies that glorify the killing of animals.

• Like 1

Thor's problem is, for starters, they need to get rid of the Jane character. She has got to be the worst love interest in the CBM world right now. She's blah. Then, they need to start focusing more on his three buddies, because they have a pretty big following too. I say next Thor movie, do what Guardians or the Avengers did, give equal shine time and focus time to all four of the Asgardians. Forget about Jane and her college colleagues.

Well considering early reports saying that Thor has broken up with Jane in Avengers 2. . . that may happen in Thor 3.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 1m GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY set a new August opening weekend record with an estimated $94.0M. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy #GOTG

They underestimated it big time. The question is, by how much? 3-6m?

• Like 1