Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Or according to you guys, only ideas like Aliens, Time Travel and Interstellar Space travel can be classified as sci-fi ? Even Cloning can not be sci-fi, because it is practicable.

?

Are we cloning people on a daily basis? Do you see human clones walk the earth today? What type of "cloning" are you talking about?

Edited by dashrendar44

Anyway so Inception is not sci-fi because everbody dreams everyday.

I think I get it.

If that was just it, yeah it wouldn't be sci-fi. However, Inception has people invading others' dreams, something that is currently impossible. Thus, it is sci-fi.

As for Gravity... this is probably the stupidest argument ever. I don't think it's sci-fi, but am I going to argue my point for 20 pages? Heck, no.

If that was just it, yeah it wouldn't be sci-fi. However, Inception has people invading others' dreams, something that is currently impossible. Thus, it is sci-fi.

As for Gravity... this is probably the stupidest argument ever. I don't think it's sci-fi, but am I going to argue my point for 20 pages? Heck, no.

All what happens in Inception is just a dream as some people say, so yeah, not sci-fi.

(You didn't even answer my exemple and didn't see the "science plays some major role in the plot" part.)

Imagine Gravity was actually about Clooney and Bullock falling in love with each other and then breaking up. So is it scifi or a romcom?

A movie can be more then genre. 

This is the dumbest debate ever on BOF.

No. That title belongs to the Marvel vs DC arguments. This bottomless sci-fi argument will never reach the stfu level of that. Ever.

Edited by Twerkdrew