Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

Just now, Porthos said:

I'm just thinking of some film where it accelerated outside of the cartoon sphere when it came to adaptations.

Dunno.  Maybe senility finally catching up with me. :lol:

MARY POPPINS was basically advertised as "Walt Disney's Mary Poppins", for example. At that point he was still alive, of course. Once he died, it just became "Disney's..."

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I'm just thinking of some film where it accelerated outside of the cartoon sphere when it came to adaptations.

Dunno.  Maybe senility finally catching up with me. :lol:

Wait a tic, I think I see what it might be.

When it's part of the actual movie title as opposed to the marketing.  That might be what is throwing me.  Is this officially "Disney's A Wrinkle in Time"?  Because I think what I am thinking of is when it is part of the title as opposed to marketing. 

I seem to recall some sort of trend when it got into the actual title when it came to non-Disney movies.

Or I'm just smoking crack and should be ignored even more than usual. :lol:

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Wait a tic, I think I see what it might be.

When it's part of the actual movie title as opposed to the marketing.  That might be what is throwing me.  Is this officially "Disney's A Wrinkle in Time"?  Because I think what I am thinking of is when it is part of the title as opposed to marketing. 

I seem to recall some sort of trend when it got into the actual title when it came to non-Disney movies.

They're dancing around the issue by not quite saying that, but the Disney name/logo is always attached just above the title as if it's part of it. (Look at any of the posters or promotional material with the title in it).

Just now, Telehilation said:

They're dancing around the issue by not quite saying that, but the Disney name/logo is always attached just above the title as if it's part of it. (Look at any of the posters or promotional material with the title in it).

Yeah, I went through a bunch of old-time Disney flicks, so point absolutely conceded. :)

Gonna drive me mad though trying to figure out just what the heck I WAS thinking about when it came to non-Disney films, though. :rant:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The Avengers is known as "Marvel's The Avengers" on BOM. Never knew why but it's always mildly annoyed me. 

probably not to get confused with the other movie called The Avengers from 1998.  As if anyone would confuse the two :P 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The Avengers is known as "Marvel's The Avengers" on BOM. Never knew why but it's always mildly annoyed me. 

IIRC that actually is its full title.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Many movies called The Avengers already existed:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers.htm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054518/?ref_=nv_sr_2

in the UK they changed the name even more to Marvel Avengers Assemble to distinguish it more from the 1998 Avengers movie with a terrible reputation maybe ?

When it happen mojo like to use a distinguishing element if possible.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

This is definitely everywhere today. 

Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Google, Instagram. Disney are getting a lot of coverage out of that premiere. It helps that their cast have such large followings too. 

As a non american, rumor has it that Oprah person is connected in Hollywood and the media.

5 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Just hear to remind everyone that John Carter is actually good. Ok bye thanks. 

I think it has some really good moments, but also far too many unconscionably bad ones for me to say it's a good movie with a straight face.

That was my first big time stan fail since joining the forum.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, I went through a bunch of old-time Disney flicks, so point absolutely conceded. :)

Gonna drive me mad though trying to figure out just what the heck I WAS thinking about when it came to non-Disney films, though. :rant:

Just as I walked in the door and sat down just now, I finally fucking remembered what the hell I was thinking about.

Ironically, it was a reverse case of it:  Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).

Good going, brain. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

As I think about it more, I was also probably remembering those stupid "William Shakespeare's XXXXX" movies that were rage for a while.

Seeesh.  The random trivia that gets half remembered. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just as I walked in the door and sat down just now, I finally fucking remembered what the hell I was thinking about.

Ironically, it was a reverse case of it:  Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).

Good going, brain. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

I remember the teaser trailer trying to have it both ways, with Mr. Voice intoning "Francis Ford Coppola brings an undying legend to life..." followed by the full title card. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Many movies called The Avengers already existed:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers.htm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054518/?ref_=nv_sr_2

in the UK they changed the name even more to Marvel Avengers Assemble to distinguish it more from the 1998 Avengers movie with a terrible reputation maybe ?

When it happen mojo like to use a distinguishing element if possible.

In the UK it was done more to distinguish it from the long running very popular UK Avengers series that the terrible movie was made after.

• Like 1

I like John Carter in a  6/10 way but it would have been a much much better movie with a different male lead and about 20-30 minutes of repetitive bloat cut.  The world design was great and Lynn Collins should have had better things happen for her career from her performance.  DeFoe and Morton were also very good. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I like John Carter in a  6/10 way but it would have been a much much better movie with a different male lead and about 20-30 minutes of repetitive bloat cut.  The world design was great and Lynn Collins should have had better things happen for her career from her performance.  DeFoe and Morton were also very good. 

Also would have been better if they stuck closer to Burrough's  charectrisation of John Carter.He did not spend a great deal of time feeling sorry for himself the way the screen version did.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 75Live said:

probably not to get confused with the other movie called The Avengers from 1998.  As if anyone would confuse the two :P 

It was called Avengers Assemble in the UK for that very reason...

• Like 2