filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

TF5 needs to bring back the twins. I don't think there is any coincidence that the only Transformers film to do $400 million featured them.

Edited by Mango

Bright side: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are a hit again. Down side: they are a hit with THAT film. Pretty much the Transformers scenario.

Did you actually go and see it?

• Like 1

The funniest (and most pathetic) thing this weekend has been seeing blogs and online critics completely lose it and call Americans stupid for watching TMNT instead of GOTG again.

I know, I have no interest at all in seeing TMNT and yet I'm loving all the backlash that it's getting online this weekend just because. Yes, TMNT is making a shit load of money. No, ya'll don't have to be drama queens about it.

TF series is naturally dwindling because each movie is basically the same movie when it all boils down. (Though it's still a huge amount of money and can't be spun as bad in any way) Only way I can see renewed interest is if they do something very different, like it make it take place on the TF homeworld or something

• Like 1

TF series is naturally dwindling because each movie is basically the same movie when it all boils down. (Though it's still a huge amount of money and can't be spun as bad in any way) Only way I can see renewed interest is if they do something very different, like it make it take place on the TF homeworld or something

The 6th film should be a prequel of the final war on Cybertron.
  • Like 1

They are dead I believe.

I read this in a deadly serious tone and it makes me happy.

They certainly lived through Revenge of the Fallen.

Maybe the face is my warrant guy killed them sometime in between though

• Like 1

The box office success of the first few Transformers movies still amazes me. Those were some impressive box office runs. I just don't think there's any place to take the Transformers films now to make them seem special or different.

They certainly lived through Revenge of the Fallen.Maybe the face is my warrant guy killed them sometime in between though

Unless they kept their spark, there is no way to bring them back. Optimus said that the spark contained their life source and memories which is strange that Lockdown took Rachet's. I wish they would have elaborated more about it in the film.
  • Like 2

Well more Transformers film are much more like to happen than more Pirates of the Caribbean films mostly because of the Studios who's making them. Disney doesn't need Pirates of the Caribbean franchise as much as Paramount needs the Transformers. Paramount must be happy as hell that they found a new franchise now with the Ninja Turtles. But still no future Ninja Turtle film will be as successful as 1 Transformers movie.
  • Like 1

Unless they kept their spark, there is no way to bring them back. Optimus said that the spark contained their life source and memories which is strange that Lockdown took Rachet's. I wish they would have elaborated more about it in the film.

I could be wrong, but they showed the Wreckers getting killed, not the Twins.