filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

LOL I doubt Disney will ever bother. It's kind of become one of their "forgotten" efforts. Which is too bad because it's one of the better Disney flicks of the (admittedly sluggish) 2000s.

I was joking, I know they won't do it  :ph34r:

I know that this is the high range but if this does push 55-60 OW then that's pretty damn amazing.  There was a time last year when I thought this might struggle to hit 30.  

I'm really interested to see the demo breakdowns for this because I think co-financing with Nickelodeon is going to end up being a huge (right) decision.  All of the placements this has had on the network looks like its getting families to the theater.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

It made nearly $100M. So not a flop, really.

I know you think animated movies have to make as much as Frozen did to be considered a hit and all, but...

Meet the Robinsons was a flop.

It likely had a similar budget as Chicken Little (150m) which was released 2 years before it, but ended up making half of it. Chicken Little made 314m WW, while Robinsons made 169m WW.

Even Atlantis: The Lost Empire made more money.

I bet Disney took a writedown for Robinsons. ;)

Edited by Mojoguy

How good is a 40m OW for TMNT really? The Last Airbender, another Nick production, also opened with the same amount and everyone calls it a flop. :wacko::ph34r:

Probably the worst film i've ever had the displeasure of watching. Everything about it was bad.

• Like 1