filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

I honestly dont know what people expected Its not like TMNT disappeared for awhile and came back people are very well known for TMNT thanks to the Nick Cartoon. Even though I expected 40 Million-45 Million 57 Million would be nice.

The trailers were kind of good tbh. It looked fun.

If the estimates are right, then it is kind of amazing what TMNT is doing without Large Format screens or IMAX. GOTG has IMAX sown up, and Into The Storm has large format screens like ETX, RPX etc after 6pm i.e. prime movie going time. The only upcharge it is benefiting from is the 3D upcharge.

I think people seriously forgot how long Turtles has been a popular franchise.  Even the Animated movie in 2007 did pretty good for it's budget and launched a whole new animated series.  Also as someone posted the merch for Turtles worldwide is insane.  Shirts, Toys, Bed Sheets, Underwear, Coloring books, you name it.  But even I underestimated this new animated series on Nick.  These kids are coming out in full force this weekend. 

• Like 4

Seems like it from Twitter

This theater is packed and there's lots of children. I've made a huge mistake. #TMNT

kayla ‏@oakayla  7h

seeing TMNT during the day was a horrible idea... SCREAMING CHILDREN EVERYWHERE

I'm the only person in this theatre not accompanied by children #swag #tmnt

Kerry ‏@kerrydixon  1h

There's about 4000x more children at the movies than normal. Damn you, TMNT. Damn you.

Posted Image

• Like 4

I think people seriously forgot how long Turtles has been a popular franchise.  Even the Animated movie in 2007 did pretty good for it's budget and launched a whole new animated series.  Also as someone posted the merch for Turtles worldwide is insane.  Shirts, Toys, Bed Sheets, Underwear, Coloring books, you name it.  But even I underestimated this new animated series on Nick.  These kids are coming out in full force this weekend. 

My brother had Ninja Turtles at his birthday party. :lol:

• Like 1

At this rate, the studios are just gonna give Michael Bay all the Saturday Morning Cartoon shows. I was never obsessed with Turtles when I was younger (Power Rangers was more for me) but I knew this was gonna be a hit, detractors be damned.

Can't stop the Bayhem.

Edited by Yandereprime

WOAH who could've thought that GOTG would be the one standing above hots sequels like Xmen6 Cap2 TF4. :o

But that's just it. Guardians is a fresh change for audiences compared to these titles you mention.It's not the second Cap, fourth Tf, or umpteenth X men film; It's something new and exciting.

Bay has undeniable talent when it comes to drawing in the masses.Sure he works with well established properties but he is just darn good. A big factor in me wanting to see TMNT is that Bay is involved.

Ummmmm...

Except that Bay didn't direct this. People are just morons.

It's doing good, so he'll get the credit. If it did bad, it would all be on Liebesman.

Speaking of which, did Nolan get the credit for MoS or no?

Edited by Orestes