filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

10 Day Haul on par with Iron Man, with no more big openers for the next month it could arguably keep pace for it for a while. Iron Man had stiff competition from Narnia in its third weekend and Indianna Crystal Skull in its 4th week

What? lol

Narnia 2 was a flop.

Iron Man had very weak competition in its first three weeks.

From a similar release date, RoPoTA got 3.6x multiplier, while GIJoe got 3.3x. Assuming a multiplier between these two and 42m weekend, Guardians should finish with 275-285m.

Not bad.

• Like 1

From what I've been reading around the net, target audience does not feel it's a true depiction of the Godfather of Soul.  Most people know the history of James Brown. Not like his life was a secret. The movie could be good but if its a watered down version of his life story then I can see why it was rejected. But I hear that the lead guy is great in the role though. But I guess its not enough.

It got my grandma in the theater for like the second time in twenty years lol. She and her friend loved it and wants my parents to go see it. Thats just them tho, not saying everyone is thinking that way.
  • Like 1

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So a 62% bump.  Hmm...who called that earlier in the week?  Does anyone know?

• Like 6

From a similar release date, RoPoTA got 3.6x multiplier, while GIJoe got 3.3x. Assuming a multiplier between these two and 42m weekend, Guardians should finish with 275-285m.

Not bad.

A little better than not bad.  Better than every Avengers universe solo film not involving Tony Stark in a starring role.

• Like 1

Well with Turtles and Guardians still tearing things up.  I don't know what "Expendables" and "Sin City 2" are going to do. 

'Fucking shit' is the answer, although Sin City may have slightly more nostalgic appeal than expected.

I think that's a great hold for "Guardians".  I don't think people should be disappointed. 

It definitely is considering there was direct competition.  It's better than Cap2's hold despite Guardians having much stronger weekdays and Cap2 having Rio2 opening for its 2nd weekend.