Blackout

Thursday #s: GOTG 7.6m

When Turtles win with less than $4.6m plus, it would be so unfair.

The 7.6m should count to the weekend, like in other countries.

Then GOTG opening weekend # would have reported as $83.4m which sounds less impressive than $94.6m and T4 couldn't have even fudged it's way to a $100m w/e.  They all play by the same rules.

• Like 1

Then GOTG opening weekend # would have reported as $83.4m which sounds less impressive than $94.6m and T4 couldn't have even fudged it's way to a $100m w/e.  They all play by the same rules.

yeah they all play by the same bent rules. don't wanna sound like too much of an old man "back in my day" type post but imo midnights should be midnights and be a part of the weekend. If a studio wants to open on a thursday just open on a thursday. These previews are giving like 30hr opening days, wont be long before they are starting there thursday night previews at 5pm

• Like 1

yeah they all play by the same bent rules. don't wanna sound like too much of an old man "back in my day" type post but imo midnights should be midnights and be a part of the weekend. If a studio wants to open on a thursday just open on a thursday. These previews are giving like 30hr opening days, wont be long before they are starting there thursday night previews at 5pm

Back in the ancient days of 2008 Iron Man's Thursday previews were counted as Thursday and it didn't open to 100M, lol

• Like 2

TASM2 and DOFP both fell 13% on Thursday.

Meanwhile, CATWS fell 4% and Godzilla fell 7% (two films that pretty much had opposite legs).

TF4 had a huge increase, because it was July 3.

Yes, but CATWS didn't have any real competition for previews.

I'm interested in how GOTG increases tomorrow.

• Like 1

The Big Openers 2nd weekends:

Cap 2: over 40 Million

TF4: About 37 Million

Spidey 2: About 36 Million

Xmen: About 33 Million

Godzilla: About 31 Million

So over 40 would give it the best 2nd weekend drop so we will see with "Guardians". 

Edited by filmscholar

i would love to see at 35 million weekend for guardians of the galaxy. That would be terrific.

Seriously, what's your problem with gotg?? Did you hate it so much, or are just rooting for turtles (which looks like shit btw)?