Alpha

Early Thurs. Numbers (Rth) TMNT/GOTG 4.2m, LBC 3.1m

I wouldn't be optimistic on the Friday increase, but Sat increase could be pretty big compared to Guardians since it skews even more kid friendly.

Also, TMNT hurt Guardians' increases by virtue of how big it turned out to be, and I don't think the films released this week are gonna hurt TMNT as much as TMNT hurt Guardians. TMNT is its own worst enemy at this point. 60% seems fairly probable, but it can still manage 25 million and take the weekend.

Edited by MrPink

Thursday drop don't look good at all especially for Ninja Turtles.

I was wondering when the huge drop is happening. The movie is OK and mildly entertaining for young fans but it is hardly deserving of a big hit. As for the runaway success of Guardians, Marvel can take the credit for it. Its unusual offbeat tone is a refreshing twist on practically anything Marvel has done, from Iron Man 1 to Captain America 2.

Edited by zackzack

I might be alone here but I think GOTG could win the weekend.

You're not alone . I've posted this two days ago . I mean some people think that the kiddie audience will save TMNT but I believe that kids prefer GOTG , just like adults of course .
  • Like 1

You're not alone . I've posted this two days ago . I mean some people think that the kiddie audience will save TMNT but I believe that kids prefer GOTG , just like adults of course .

Age demographics were the same for both movies, 55% over 25. Its going to be interesting

• Like 2

It doesn't surprise me that it's tracking lower. It lost the older nostalgic crowd when they announced later in the game they were going for the PG-13 when this franchise needed to be hard R complete with loads of graphic violence and profanity. Additionally, the younger crowd isn't into the older action heroes while the younger ones are people they don't care about.

I think expendables 3 will take the weekend with 30M. It has more of a walkup demo and is close in presales.

Pre-release audience surveys suggest a low 20s debut. And those surveys are taken from the demo that EX3 caters to. It doesn't have the family demo.