kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Somewhere Bruce Willis is laughing.

Why? Because Sin City 2 comes out next week? It's projected to do less. And DH5 made about the same as this will. His career ain't much better than Stallone's and he's like 10 years younger. :P

• Like 4

I'm so disappointed in the Expendables 3, both quality wise and box office wise.

Did you see it , B?I'm going to only try to keep my comments on the box office number. I *hated* Expendables 1, haven't bothered with Ex2 even though it's streaming on Netflix... Not sure I'll pay to watch this one either. Maybe, for, like, free from my library... But yeah, that "midnight" number is NAGL.

So let me get this straight, Baumer didn't like an Expendables film and could tolerate a TASM movie.

Looks like I chose the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Posted Image

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™
  • Like 18

Wow, that number isn't even worth a thread.

Remember back in the good old days when Shawn said we weren't allowed to start a weekend thread until we actually got some Friday numbers, not just Thursday midnights?

• Like 2

Ehhh... 3 times a negative number is not exactly flattering to Scarlett

So then, I guess the mathematically correct version of IndustriousAngel's statement would be she's NEGATIVE 3 times as pretty as them? Because that would make a positive number. :) Edited by TServo2049

Damn!That's 45-50 million worth of ticket sales.

Most of those people wouldn't have paid for it (and many probably haven't watched any or all of it).  Maybe 10% of those people would have bought a ticket, maybe (though % is probably higher in a market like Russia).  Piracy tends to hurt smaller films and indies more than bigger films and if it's a movie like Taken it actually helps build WOM before opening.  CA:TWS was the most pirated film for weeks - while it was #1 at the box office. 

Piracy also has a bigger impact out of the US which is one of the big reasons Marvel tends to release movies overseas first. The biggest hit to the box office is that the first two movies weren't that good and they were based on an event/gimmick that isn't fresh any more. and needed a really good movie to kick start it again.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1