iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Yup, though if you look at the scoring scheme I gave the same score to certain ranges of ranks so it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway.

True. Some movies would have had their score increased by a point since Mickey's Christmas Carol didn't count, which is why I was curious. if I knew it didn't count, I probably would have voted for Kung Fu Panda 2 as my number 100, so it wouldn't have really changed the top 100 results at all.

I actually thought Song of the South was doing pretty well when I didn't see it listed prior to number 100. By number 50 though, I was pretty sure you just forgot to include it.

As for the movies that I missed voting for that I wish I had voted for:

1. The Transformers Movie

2. The Tigger Movie

3. Piglet's Big Movie

4. Pooh's Heffalump Movie

5. Bebe's Kids

• Like 1

So bummed I missed out on the list as it was being revealed. :(  Been busy this week but would have loved to join all the conversations and comment as we went along. Anyways, I really can't complain about this list. Considering I'm a movie buff and animation is probably my favorite genre, I love seeing what others think of it. And I actually agree with this board quite a bit more than disagree judging by this top 100.

Of course like with any list there were a few things that I really disagreed with such as: Brother Bear must hold some deep nostalgia for some folks here to make it on any "best" list :unsure: , NIMH was criminally low, Aladdin continues to be the most overrated Renaissance film, Incredibles over both Wall-E and TS3 is just downright strange to me, and of course we all know how I feel about It Which Must Not Be Named (hint hint: I'll never let it go). ;)

But overall I'd say almost  every movie at least deserved a spot on the list, imo (that I've seen). Some on here I still definitely gotta get around to seeing are Akira, Fantastic Mr Fox, The Iron Giant, and Wallace and Gromit. Couldn't be more thrilled with the #1, especially since it was #1 on my list too, lol. There really is no topping TLK as far as I'm concerned in this genre. It's a classic in every sense of the word. I've seen it more than any other film in existence, and as I've said before I consider it the reason I became a movie buff in the first place. Love it to death.

Beauty and the Beast and Mulan were very pleasant surprises too. Granted they were both a bit too high for me, but thrilled to see them getting such high recognition non the less. I was worried BATB would be overlooked on this forum  since I specifically remember some Frozenite loonies around here downplaying it a lot in the Frozen thread. Also yay for my Toy Story ranking I've always stuck to turning out to be the forum's as well! That's one franchise that really did get better with each film.

Incredible job on this list iceroll! :worthy:

BTW, I ran out of my like quota for the day reading through this thread just before making it to the top ten ha ha. :P

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

:P But on a more serious note, what a fantastic list! That placement of those 7 Pixar films in the Top 10 is pure perfection! OMG Incredibles and Ratatouille overperforming!  :wub:  :wub:  It's just the Renaissance Trio ordering that gets to me (BatB should've been in Aladdin's spot, TLK in BatB's and Aladdin in TLK's). 

But I'll survive. :) That Delgo fakeout, complete with Neo faux review!  :rofl:

Edited by Spidey Freak

#6: Aladdin (1992) - 972 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image

Well before we begin, I'd like to take a moment to say rest in peace to Robin Williams. I may never know what kind of demons he faced to result in his untimely death a few weeks ago, but I can say he was a huge asset to Hollywood and every movie he's been in. His performance as Genie in Aladdin is one of the most iconic and memorable voiced work in any animated film. He will be greatly missed. I really liked this picture that a Disney page posted on Facebook after his death so I'll post it here too:

Posted Image

Sweet words for Robin, ice. And that image has been set as the wallpaper for my phone ever since I first saw it when you posted it in his tribute thread. :) So thanks for that and the awesome work on this list, you rock star you!

• Like 1

Aw, I thought Frozen would make the Top 10. Really surprised that Ratatouille did though, I thought it was kind of dull.

#13 is pretty spectacular for Frozen considering all the haters trying to skew Queen Elsa's rank. Also, Ratatouille > Wall-E IMO. Anton Ego's moment of clarity, OMG THE FEELS!

Posted Image

Happy that Pixar has 7 spots in Top 10! :D

I wish Mononoke, Mermaid and Frozen had snuck into the top 10 but I'm glad that the 7 Pixars in the Top 10 are indeed the 7 best Pixars! :D

• Like 2

#13 is pretty spectacular for Frozen considering all the haters trying to skew Queen Elsa's rank. Also, Ratatouille > Wall-E IMO. Anton Ego's moment of clarity, OMG THE FEELS!

Posted Image

Yes, Ratatouille is a better film than Wall-E and Anton Ego reading his review at the end gets me every time. 

• Like 2

Ratatouille has the better third act over Wall-E for sure. That being said, nothing in Ratatouille can even touch the first half of Wall-E. That is simply a master class in film making and story telling.

I think Anton Ego reading his review at the end of Ratatouille is better than anything in Wall-E.
  • Like 1